Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: SPEAKERS 4 OR 2 ON A 2005 SEEG  (Read 5684 times)

custardglide

• Full CVO Member
  • AN AMERICAN IN AN ENGLISHMANS BODY

• CVO1: FLHTKSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 sold
SPEAKERS 4 OR 2 ON A 2005 SEEG
« on: March 18, 2007, 04:25:11 AM »

COME ON GUYS HELP ME SPEND SOME OF MY HARD EARNED CASH ON MAXXING UP MY SOUND SYSTEM. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO JIM ON UPRATING THE SOUNDS ON MY SEEG(INSTEAD OF THE SATNAV) AND IT SEEMS LIKE I HAVE 3 HW OPTIONS 1: 2X CX SPEAKERS 2: 2X CX SPEAKERS PLUS AMP 3: GO 4 CHANNEL AND 4SPEAKERS (2 IN THE FAIRING LOWERS). DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS OPTION FITTED AND WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT, ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE PICTURES OF THE 4 SPEAKER INSTALL. I AM SORRY IF I AM GOING OVER OLD GROUND HERE BUT I SURE DO APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT BEFORE YOU CAN HEAR IT WOTS THE POINT

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Re: SPEAKERS 4 OR 2 ON A 2005 SEEG
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:05:36 AM »

Go with the 4 channel speaker HW amp set up with CX speakers. You will be blown away :2vrolijk_21: Any questions just pm I installed one yesterday from HD-Dude.

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:08 AM »

The bigger the better!  :2vrolijk_21:

I have seen the speakers in lowers and looks Great!

jeffj

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 01:56:50 PM »

Go with the 4 channel speaker HW amp set up with CX speakers. You will be blown away :2vrolijk_21: Any questions just pm I installed one yesterday from HD-Dude.

SC, I envy you a little that speaker-in-the-lowers setup.  The one I've seen in person did look great.  Worked great too.  You must be really pleased.

I know the component speakers up top are nice.  Can only imagine how even more improved and rich it might be going down the road with the speakers down below too.  But I use those pockets for stuff.  Pretty regularly.  So it ends up being one of those function-over-form/sound choices for me.  But it's nice to see someone else doing the good stuff  :2vrolijk_21: .

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »

.  But I use those pockets for stuff.  Pretty regularly. 

Don do you think that even with the speakers in the lowers, you could make them easy to remove so that you could still have storage behind them?

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 06:25:17 PM »

The bigger the better!  :2vrolijk_21:

I have seen the speakers in lowers and looks Great!

jeffj

I found this terrible picture of a 6x9’s installed in some fairing lowers. I don’t know if this guy is ahead of the curve or light-years behind it. This is the only picture that I have, sorry.

djkak

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »

I think there's an issue here worth mentioning. As anyone who's met me personally will attest that I have a serious hearing loss. (60% in both ears) I have top shelf digital hearing aids, but unless you wear a hearing aid, you don't understand their limitations. Add to that the fact that there's no way you could have one on riding down the road and you've got issues with a motorcycle sound system that most people don't have. Fred, my parts guy at San Diego H-D sends a lot of business to a shop here in Dago that installs amps and upgraded speakers. The owner of that shop in appreciation to Fred, installed a top of the line system in Fred's new Felix for the cost of the parts. While I thought it sounded nice, it did not sound $1,500 nicer than my 07 H-D system with 4 speakers. $1,500 is what Fred's system would have cost me. So my caveat is if you've got some hearing issues like I do, you might think twice about spending the money. All the money in the world can't make up for a bad set of ears.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 10:09:50 PM »

Don do you think that even with the speakers in the lowers, you could make them easy to remove so that you could still have storage behind them?

Brian, I'm sure some spring-loks or something similar could be used to make the speaker kits a quickie to pull in and out.  Even with that, though, the speakers are big enough that there'd not be a lot of space left.  No doubt some, but not a lot.

And when I mentioned using that space, I mean it's used up.  Full of stuff I always want with me but never want in the way.  Also stuff I don't want to have to buy redundantly.  So since the different tour paks are on at different times, or not at all, sticking it all in tour pak lid pockets isn't effective either.

In the left side there's the spare cold weather/water resistant gloves, balaclava (lighter and heavier) and other weather related items for various types of weather.  None of it is stuff that gets used commonly.  All of it is stuff that gets used occasionally.  It's nice to have it easily accessible but still out of the way. 

The right side is the "work side."  All the spare parts; bulbs, wire, tape, nuts and bolts for exhaust, kickstand rubbers, CO2 kit for tires, spare batteries for the alarm remotes and other sundry parts.  Tool kit itself is under the rain gear in the left saddlebag.  But everything else I want with me for trips is in the right front glove box.  Again, may not get used often.  In fact it's the pieces I hope don't get used at all.  So I'm glad they're out of the way.  But I'm not leaving without them.

With all the crap in both of those holes though; no room for speakers..... 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »

I found this terrible picture of a 6x9’s installed in some fairing lowers. I don’t know if this guy is ahead of the curve or light-years behind it. This is the only picture that I have, sorry.

djkak

That's fugly.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 10:45:41 PM »

That's fugly.

Don;
Your being too nice...that's f'n, f'n, fn' Fugly! :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 10:54:49 PM »

Don;
Your being too nice...that's f'n, f'n, fn' Fugly! :huepfenlol2:

Warped minds think alike my friend.  F'n Fugly indeed  :coolblue: !

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 11:02:26 AM »

That's fugly.

2Lane, I couldn’t help but notice that your accent has changed a little. Shouldn’t it be phukking ugly? :)

djkak

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »

Cycle Visions is selling the V-Rod Bagger they built for Brad Pitt ( yes that Brad Pitt) $55,000 and a good deal at that. The bike has a chopped tour-pak and saddlebags on the rear and a Road Glide fairing in the front. AND audio equipment everywhere. The lower half of the tour-pak is filled with amps, the front of the saddlebags have speakers facing forward with the grill on the outside, speakers in the fairing and the head unit. Even with my bad ears, it is killer. I'm sure this bike was a day tripper for Pitt. There's still enough room in the tour-pak for one leather jacket and enough in each saddlebag for some extra gear or wine and cheese or whatever the hell Angelina needs. ( she could carry dead rats in my bags so long as she was packin behind me)

Anyway, long story short. The work was done by Street Noise on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego in case anyone's interested.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 10:48:51 PM »

2Lane, I couldn’t help but notice that your accent has changed a little. Shouldn’t it be phukking ugly? :)

djkak

DJ, it was Hillarugly..... :'(

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »

Seeing that 6x9 in the lowers is leaving a bad view in my eyes  :o :huepfenlol2:

Here's how it should look..... 8)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 11:37:28 PM »

Cycle Visions is selling the V-Rod Bagger they built for Brad Pitt ( yes that Brad Pitt) $55,000 and a good deal at that. The bike has a chopped tour-pak and saddlebags on the rear and a Road Glide fairing in the front. AND audio equipment everywhere. The lower half of the tour-pak is filled with amps, the front of the saddlebags have speakers facing forward with the grill on the outside, speakers in the fairing and the head unit. Even with my bad ears, it is killer. I'm sure this bike was a day tripper for Pitt. There's still enough room in the tour-pak for one leather jacket and enough in each saddlebag for some extra gear or wine and cheese or whatever the hell Angelina needs. ( she could carry dead rats in my bags so long as she was packin behind me)

Anyway, long story short. The work was done by Street Noise on Sports Arena Blvd in San Diego in case anyone's interested.

B B
I saw that, looked like a road glide V-ROD, very nice job.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »

Seeing that 6x9 in the lowers is leaving a bad view in my eyes  :o :huepfenlol2:

Here's how it should look..... 8)

That is a nice looking setup. The person that glassed in the 6x9’s may have been looking to avoid the glove box expense; either that or he subscribes to the “go big or go home” approach.

djkak

custardglide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 03:35:49 PM »

In the left side there's the spare cold weather/water resistant gloves, balaclava (lighter and heavier) and other weather related items for various types of weather.  None of it is stuff that gets used commonly.  All of it is stuff that gets used occasionally.  It's nice to have it easily accessible but still out of the way. 

The right side is the "work side."  All the spare parts; bulbs, wire, tape, nuts and bolts for exhaust, kickstand rubbers, CO2 kit for tires, spare batteries for the alarm remotes and other sundry parts.  Tool kit itself is under the rain gear in the left saddlebag.  But everything else I want with me for trips is in the right front glove box.  Again, may not get used often.  In fact it's the pieces I hope don't get used at all.  So I'm glad they're out of the way.  But I'm not leaving without them.

With all the crap in both of those holes though; no room for speakers..... 

Jeeez Don I wish I was so organised, it would save me having to empty the whole bike just to find summat :2vrolijk_21: H-D Dude those lowers look pretty cool :2vrolijk_21: how secure are they?,  mean could anyone unclip em and walk off with em? :confused5: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 03:45:02 PM »

Jeeez Don I wish I was so organised, it would save me having to empty the whole bike just to find summat :2vrolijk_21: H-D Dude those lowers look pretty cool :2vrolijk_21: how secure are they?,  mean could anyone unclip em and walk off with em? :confused5: :bananarock: :bananarock:

CG, it's just one of those "do it once" kind of things.  Once it's where I want it all I ever have to do is throw in clothes/camera/overnight crap.  The bike itself is always read for the road. 

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »

Jeeez Don I wish I was so organised, it would save me having to empty the whole bike just to find summat :2vrolijk_21: H-D Dude those lowers look pretty cool :2vrolijk_21: how secure are they?,  mean could anyone unclip em and walk off with em? :confused5: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Thanks, Actually the are more secure now than before. The lowers are held on by bolt you access from inside the glovebox. Now you would need to remove the speakers to get to them 8)

custardglide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:59 PM »

Many apologies Dude, I was referring to the security of the speakers :-[  :oops:How much is the 4 speaker all singing all dancing set up amps an all? :o :o. Do guarantee I will NOT be able to hear the good lady on the back ::) :oops: Please be gentle. PS I will try to get into the habit Don :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2007, 05:44:29 PM »

Many apologies Dude, I was referring to the security of the speakers :-[  :oops:How much is the 4 speaker all singing all dancing set up amps an all? :o :o. Do guarantee I will NOT be able to hear the good lady on the back ::) :oops: Please be gentle. PS I will try to get into the habit Don :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Can't guaranty you won't hear the ol' lady (depends on how loud the nagging is :huepfenlol2:)...PM'd you the pricing info.....
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.