Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom Audio Stage ll 1200 watt Installation Issue.  (Read 594 times)

SOD

Boom Audio Stage ll 1200 watt Installation Issue.
« on: September 24, 2019, 01:20:45 AM »

Hi All,  Back in July I picked up my 2019 FLHXSE and added a King Tour Pack Nondetachable which I included the addition of 2 more Stage ll speakers and Amplifier.  This has now caused a massive problem with the CVO Software and I've been told by My HD Dealership that a new program must be written to make them work.  Apparently the CVO Software doesn't allow for the 8 Stage ll speakers and the program is written for 6 only.

Is there a difference between the normal HD bike software and the CVO with regards to audio.

All I want is an answer so I can run the 8 stage ll speakers / 1200 watt.  Has anyone else attempted this and did it work?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Boom Audio Stage ll 1200 watt Installation Issue.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 05:56:06 AM »

HD had a demo bike a few years back that had it. When I added the 2nd amp, I watched my tech flash the radio for it and saw the options for the 3rd and 4th amp. These examples were on the first gen Infotaintment radio though. Not sure about the new GTS one.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:52:58 PM »

Unfortunately I can’t answer your??.. But I must comment on your bike!!! Awesome looking!!!! I hope you or someone helps you get this figured out soon..

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »

According to the 17' 18' parts & accessories catalogue you can have 8 speakers & 4 amps
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

SOD

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »

Thanks, RivRaptor, I believe that cover non-CVO's.  From what I've been told is the CVO software is different and it doesn't have have the function yet.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 08:51:48 PM »

According to the 17' 18' parts & accessories catalogue you can have 8 speakers & 4 amps
His is a '19 with the new radio.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 09:00:24 PM »

Hi All,  Back in July I picked up my 2019 FLHXSE and added a King Tour Pack Nondetachable which I included the addition of 2 more Stage ll speakers and Amplifier.  This has now caused a massive problem with the CVO Software and I've been told by My HD Dealership that a new program must be written to make them work.  Apparently the CVO Software doesn't allow for the 8 Stage ll speakers and the program is written for 6 only.

Is there a difference between the normal HD bike software and the CVO with regards to audio.

All I want is an answer so I can run the 8 stage ll speakers / 1200 watt.  Has anyone else attempted this and did it work?

In case we all have not all learned yet, here are two standard things with HD audio:

#1- All is different then the normal audio world and
#2- See #1

Wait, i forgot, there is a third thing:

3-Things get even differenter when you have CVO HD audio!!!!!!!! :)

Seriously though, Bi Amping, 2 Ohm speakers?  these are not normal vehicle audio practices any longer, or maybe never were. I think HD does it to make it hard to add aftermarket parts and to make their sub par crap sound a bit better while it works

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.