Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harmon Kardon with Harley headset  (Read 2010 times)

prophet

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Harmon Kardon with Harley headset
« on: April 06, 2007, 07:27:05 PM »

We all know by now that the IMC headsets do not work with the new radio/intercom, but do the factory Harley headsets even work in tandem with the intercom on the 06/07 models?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Harmon Kardon with Harley headset
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:44:01 PM »

We all know by now that the IMC headsets do not work with the new radio/intercom, but do the factory Harley headsets even work in tandem with the intercom on the 06/07 models?

I don't know what IMC is, but the factory HD headsets do work with the intercom/CB/Radio.  I'd pony up for the extra dollars and get J&M headsets though.  The difference is huge...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

prophet

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »

IMC is the company that appears to make the only headsets that slip on like a walkman headphone so you can use them with a half helmet or no helmet (the new style walkman headphones have a band that goes behind the head instead of over it).  My mistake for assuming that "every one" knows of them.    A couple of companies carry them and have been mentioned in this forum several times.  Thanks for the input, but it now begs the question, "why is it that HD can make them and no one else can?"  HMMMMM.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:39:59 PM »

IMC is the company that appears to make the only headsets that slip on like a walkman headphone so you can use them with a half helmet or no helmet (the new style walkman headphones have a band that goes behind the head instead of over it).  My mistake for assuming that "every one" knows of them.    A couple of companies carry them and have been mentioned in this forum several times.  Thanks for the input, but it now begs the question, "why is it that HD can make them and no one else can?"  HMMMMM.

If you look at other threads here you will see that I have been looking for something loke that for a while. The problem comes when attaching a noise cancelling mic to your head. You can get the Big Ears system but it has no mic. I have never heard of the IMC before.

prophet

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »

Here's the link:  http://www.imc-motorcom.ca/

Just remember, they don't work with the new 06/07 HK unit.  The only problem that I know of is that your passenger cannot use their mic (Some may say; is that a problem?   ;D) .  Everything else functions ok supposedly.

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 24 queries.