Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Mapsource v 6.14.1  (Read 9033 times)

REGGAB

Re: Mapsource v 6.14.1
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »

I do not know if you intentionally misspelled the words especially and eighth or if you are demonstrating once again your ineptitude and lack of ability to use simple software. On the bottom of a post is a button to allow you to do a spell check. I have seen you write that you were studying to take your Masters exam so either you were lying now or before. Unless of course you are trying to unsuccessfully use sarcasm in your post.

I did not intentionally misspell anything.  I just misspelled the words, and paid no mind to the spell check button, which I suppose is attributable to my ineptitude and lack of ability to use simple software.   ::)

AJ, I don't think you have ever seen me write.  ::)  I also don't think you saw my written words expressing my taking a "Masters exam."  What you may have seen is my written words expressing that I am working on my Master's Degree, and perhaps at one point I may have made mention of an exam for which I was preparing for a class toward that end.  It's all semantics anyway.   ::)

I should know better than to use sarcasm in a post when communicating with the King of Sarcasm.  How foolish of me.   ::)  I think I'll go crawl back under my rock of ineptitude and lack of ability now, and leave this intelligent conversation to Gentlemen such as yourself.   ::)

Have a wonderful Sunday.   :2vrolijk_21:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

Henry, just in case you need help with your own post:

Semantics:
1: the study of meanings: a: the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development.

Chit, there's another "S" word.

Signification:
1 a: the act or process of signifying by signs or other symbolic means

Grrrrr.

Symbolic: or Symbol
1: an authoritative summary of faith or doctrine : creed
2: something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance; especially : a visible sign of something invisible <the lion is a symbol of courage

Grrrr..

Summary:
1..comprehensive; especially : covering the main points succinctly

This will never end.

Succinctly
2: marked by compact precise expression without wasted words <a succinct description>
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »

Henry, just in case you need help with your own post:

Semantics:
1: the study of meanings: a: the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development.

Chit, there's another "S" word.

Signification:
1 a: the act or process of signifying by signs or other symbolic means

Grrrrr.

Symbolic: or Symbol
1: an authoritative summary of faith or doctrine : creed
2: something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance; especially : a visible sign of something invisible <the lion is a symbol of courage

Grrrr..

Summary:
1..comprehensive; especially : covering the main points succinctly

This will never end.

Succinctly
2: marked by compact precise expression without wasted words <a succinct description>

Damn Ken! Didn't know you ever heard of a dickshunery!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 05:50:53 PM »

Damn Ken! Didn't know you ever heard of a dickshunery!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

A few years ago, I couldn't even spell kontracter neither, and now I are one.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 05:53:32 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Dictionary hell!!  That was all Cheri :huepfenlol2: :drink: !

Sean M Cary

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »

A few years ago, I couldn't even spell kontracter neither, and now I are one.

I thought it was "is one"  as in, "I is one of dem contractors..."

In my circles, we just call them mercenaries...they dig that.   :2vrolijk_21:

not really, but I love calling them that

REGGAB

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 08:42:48 PM »

;D  Thanks.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »

We just call them "Beltway Bandits" in DC.  Cuz that's what they are.   ::)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:20 PM »

What was your base install?  How many versions have you upgraded from already?  I learned that you can get the most recent download and not required to install the older version first- you should have an account on the Garmin page and can get your key from there.

On an older laptop I have, I had upgraded from Version 5 or so from my older GPS (60CS), but this was the first install on this PC.  So there are not 3 or 4 other versions of crap hanging in the system and mapsource/garmin folders.  That is what I am referring to.

Also, I have found that Mcafee is not catching the spyware that Spydot does.  Try MS Defender if you are having issues.  I have run both against the same machine and found that Spybot had better definition files and knew to catch more.  Your stuff is only as good as the last update also, so if you don't have new definition files, you are just scanning with old information.  I am running DoD provided McAfee that is part of a suite, pretty sure it is the same as you can buy - but not definite.  Since I use this to access USMC systems for Outlook Web Access and Marine On-Line I get to download these for free. 

But again, I am running a duo core 1.5 with 2 gb of ram, Mapsource is set to high and it just smokes along - no issues. 

You might want to bump your performance settings up, increase virtual memory/swap file settings to eek out some more performance.

Sean, I think it was v4 that I installed. I don't have the disk here in SC to check. I then upgraded to 6.13 as soon as I loaded the original. From there I went to 6.14.1, the latest. Regardless of how slow it runs, it still does not preform the feature that v6.13 did. You used to be able to drag a route to a new waypoint and it would recalculate it fro you. You can no longer do this. You also used to be able to right click on a route to choose from multiple ones that may be overlapping.
I am going to take your advice and get a copy of spybot. Linda just told me she has a copy. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 07:56:44 AM »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:08 PM »

I don't mean to open any old threads (or arguments) but I have to let everyone know that I reinstalled Mapsource 6.13.7 and what a world of difference! Much, much better! Thank you d00d for the link to the old version. I am not sure exactly what changes were made, but whatever they were I personally like the older version better.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:20 PM »

I don't mean to open any old threads (or arguments) but I have to let everyone know that I reinstalled Mapsource 6.13.7 and what a world of difference! Much, much better! Thank you d00d for the link to the old version. I am not sure exactly what changes were made, but whatever they were I personally like the older version better.
Me too!  Reinstalled 6.13.7 and will stay with it for sure.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.