Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Headphone Plugin  (Read 995 times)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
Headphone Plugin
« on: September 11, 2008, 09:41:29 AM »

Have any of you had a connection put in your fairing so you can plug your ear buds/headphones into your sound system. I'm leaning towards getting a full face helmet and figure i won't be able to hear the speakers with my ears covered.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Headphone Plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

They come with an auxillary jack in the front of the head unit.  I plug mine in all the time when I'm riding solo.

When Terrie's on her bike then we're on bluetooth intercom so we can talk to each other while riding.....then I have to use the speakers.

But...........Jim (hd-dude) can hook you up with the Hawg Wired set up.  You'll be able to hear your stereo very clearly with full face helmet, ear plugs, open exhaust and whatever else you might find to impede the volumne or clarity.....that system can still be heard.  I know first hand.......I've rode Jim's bike down the freeway with full face.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »

JCZ,

Thanks. But I thought the aux jack on the front of the unit is an input, not an output? I've never tried plugging headphones into it, but I will when I get home tonight.

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 12:24:12 AM »

The Aux jack is an input jack. To use the headhones and monitor your radio, cd, and Zumo patched into your Aux i think you would need to add the Communications Switch Kit to your bike. The Switch Kit is on page 475 in the new parts book. Then you would need the stereo headset on Page 477. 

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:31 AM »

Tried the jack on the front of the radio - just an input, so I'm reaching out to hd-dude to see if he can help.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.