Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD GPS question  (Read 1363 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
HD GPS question
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:05 AM »

If I am playing the radio or a CD, will the audio turn-by-turn GPS directions cut in and then go back to the music?  I read on here somewhere that it will not work for anything through the aux input.  I guess that means I can't play an mp3 player and get the turn-by-turn directions, unless I'm using a Zumo to do so.

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
Re: HD GPS question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »

If I am playing the radio or a CD, will the audio turn-by-turn GPS directions cut in and then go back to the music?  I read on here somewhere that it will not work for anything through the aux input.  I guess that means I can't play an mp3 player and get the turn-by-turn directions, unless I'm using a Zumo to do so.
If you are using the radio you will get turn by turn directions.  You can't use the CD for music if you are using the GPS.  The GPS requires that one of the GPS CD's be in in the player.  If you are using the aux input, you will still get turn by turn directions but the music will not be muted when the GPS is giving turn by turn directions.  Makes us hard of hearing guy's a disadvantage.  :-\
Dennis
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

My GPS has never worked.  It can not find a satelite. 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »

But you don't need the NAV CD in once you have set points A and B...unless you travel off course that is.  So the question still stands regarding the CD.  If I am playing a CD, will the turn-by-turn override?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »

My GPS has never worked.  It can not find a satelite. 

I think there must be a trick to it and I got lucky.  I couldn't find a satellite, then after trying to follow the directions over and over again, the satellite was located when I got back from a ride.  There is something in the manual about doing something and then riding for at least a half mile or more to find the satellite.  I don't remember what it was, but I must have done it.

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 12:25:14 AM »

But you don't need the NAV CD in once you have set points A and B...unless you travel off course that is.  So the question still stands regarding the CD.  If I am playing a CD, will the turn-by-turn override?
You are correct about removing the GPS CD.  The GPS will override the CD when it's playing.
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:27:51 AM »

You are correct about removing the GPS CD.  The GPS will override the CD when it's playing.

Thanks.

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 21 queries.