Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pager for the Smart Siren II, is there a trick to programming it?  (Read 5885 times)

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member

Has anyone else used the Pager II for the security system?  Did you have a hard time getting it to "learn" your system?  The directions are very simple and I have followed them over and over but still can't get the pager to pair (encode) with my security system.  The pager does work.  By that I mean, it powers on, it vibrates and it goes into the mode for encoding however, I can never get the left side light (Range Confirmation Signal) to light up.  I can't get it to beep 4 times which is supposed to indicate that it has successfully encoded.   Anybody have an idea or suggestion.  Thanks.
 :nixweiss:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Pager for the Smart Siren II, is there a trick to programming it?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »

Have you added the H-D® Security System Smart Siren II to your bike? I don't think it came stock on yours and if you haven't added it then the stock security system (H-D® Factory Security System Smart Siren Kit) will not mate w/the pager because it doesn't have the transmitter in it.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »

Have you added the H-D® Security System Smart Siren II to your bike? I don't think it came stock on yours and if you haven't added it then the stock security system (H-D® Factory Security System Smart Siren Kit) will not mate w/the pager because it doesn't have the transmitter in it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I spent hours with a factory rep trying to get mine to work. Then an old harley rider told me that the pager won't work unless the security system unit has a visible antenna wire hanging off it. The factory rep swapped out the security module for one with antenna and all worked well. The pager will attach itself to any wired security system that is close as well, so mine was sinking with other bikes in the garage, LOL... Live and learn..

jb

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 01:31:14 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Thanks, actually it did come from the factory with the siren installed.  Funny you say that though.  When I first picked up the bike, I had a heck of a time trying to get it to chirp during arming and and de-arming.  I thought it may not have come with a siren since I was having such a hard time, but I finally got it to sync and chirp so there is a siren.  However I still, no matter how many times I attempted it, couldn't get the pager to sync.  I took it in to the dealership today (cold ride) in order to do some other list items and they said they would "program it" for free, so I will let them spend the time fussing with it.

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 01:34:08 PM »

I spent hours with a factory rep trying to get mine to work. Then an old harley rider told me that the pager won't work unless the security system unit has a visible antenna wire hanging off it. The factory rep swapped out the security module for one with antenna and all worked well. The pager will attach itself to any wired security system that is close as well, so mine was sinking with other bikes in the garage, LOL... Live and learn..

jb

Thanks JB. I too tried for hours to get it to work.  Today, it is at the dealership for other items and they said they would "program it" for free.  If they are willing to take that headache, I am grateful.  I am also installing the garage opener and the zumo 665 today.  Hopefully, they work the first time. ;D

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »

Thanks, actually it did come from the factory with the siren installed.  Funny you say that though.  When I first picked up the bike, I had a heck of a time trying to get it to chirp during arming and and de-arming.  I thought it may not have come with a siren since I was having such a hard time, but I finally got it to sync and chirp so there is a siren.  However I still, no matter how many times I attempted it, couldn't get the pager to sync.  I took it in to the dealership today (cold ride) in order to do some other list items and they said they would "program it" for free, so I will let them spend the time fussing with it.

Not sure if you checked this or not--but just because it chirps does not mean it has the Smart Siren II which is the one that has the pager antenna hanging off of it. The regular Smart Siren that comes with the bike makes all the noise, but has no antenna and will not talk to the pager receiver.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »

There are two different sirens one has a transmitter (to work w/the pager and one doesn't). Most likely as has been the case in the past the bike comes stock w/the siren that doesn't have the transmitter. Until you buy the H-D® Security System Smart Siren II you will not be able to sync/connect to the pager.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:36 PM »

Wow, thanks fellas.  Who would have thought that they would make two different sirens, one with an antenna and one without?  There can be no reason other than greed for that one.  I will check for the antenna. 

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

You can check if you want, harley does not include the remote alarm with it's bikes it is strickly an option. I know my 08 SEUC 105th did not come with one.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »

I have never heard of any of the bikes coming with the Smart Siren II standard--they make us buy it afterwards.

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.