Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stereo Upgrade  (Read 5649 times)

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
Re: Stereo Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »

you can always use a set of metra 5x7 to 6x9 adapters on the lids for a 6x9 replacement.  Just make sure to put a speaker in there that does NOT have a tweeter in the center of the woofer cone.  Water will inevitably (sooner or later) wind up in your voice coil ruining your investment.  BT just came out with a killer 6x9 kit for this and Polk also has a great 6x9 as well with the tweeter mounted to the bridge.

BT is biketronics?  I'm not sure which kit off metra I would get for my lids...

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »

I'm waiting for the 5x7s.  Don't want to give up any space,, 

mgrady21

Re: Stereo Upgrade PLEASE HELP
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

hey Im new to this forum for pretty much this exact reason... do you have anymore detailed pictures of the install? like how much you need to trim on the speedo and tach buckets? or how to take the factory radio top bracket off? I would really appreciate the info if you had it... Maybe if you are up to it you could give me a call or shoot me an email.. I would be greatly appreciative if you could help me.. My email is mgrady21@gmail.com 

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »

"HAT is coming out with a new 5x7 for the bags"       WHO is HAT I can't find any info on them??

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »

Hybrid Audio Technology

2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:10 PM »

THANKS!!!!!!!!

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:42 AM »

Also, not sure how to correct this but my speakers "pop" when I turn the radio off and on.  I did connect it to pin 12 which I believe is the radio's remote on off for the amp....  Any thoughts from the "Audio Whiz Kids" out there???

I had my 2011 HD HK head unit modded by Iron Cross Audio for a low level line out (I'm assuming this is the same as the pre-amp mod you described having done). This mod was done to send a cleaner/clearer signal to my Hawg-Wired 'Six Pack' amp, for the best fidelity possible.

After checking, and rechecking my grounds, installation, etc., this pre-amp mod turned out to be the cause of my popping. I also experienced a modulating sound coming through the speakers when the rig was on, but the volume turned down (imagine if you could 'hear' your hazard lights, that's the speed/frequency of the sound).

I've since set the Hawg-Wired amp up using the stock HD HK high level out, and no more popping or extraneous sound. Didn't really notice a difference in fidelity between the two methods, either.

I discussed this problem, and solution, with both Hawg-Wired and Iron Cross, and nobody has an explanation. I should also mention that both companies bent over backward to help me find a fix, and I have no complaints with either vendor.

I'm also sure there are also plenty of people out there with this exact mod, and no issues. Maybe my Hawg-Wired amp just doesn't play well with this type of mod?

Good luck.

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:43 AM »

I've since set the Hawg-Wired amp up using the stock HD HK high level out, and no more popping or extraneous sound. Didn't really notice a difference in fidelity between the two methods, either.

Thanks for answering me on this topic since I still have not solved it. I tapped into I believe is pin 12 which is maybe and orange and white wire off the HK radio. Not 100% positive since I'm not with the bike at the moment. Do you recall the pin # or wire color the high level out was?  Thanks. James

DrSpencer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 11:16:21 PM »

Thanks for answering me on this topic since I still have not solved it. I tapped into I believe is pin 12 which is maybe and orange and white wire off the HK radio. Not 100% positive since I'm not with the bike at the moment. Do you recall the pin # or wire color the high level out was?  Thanks. James

What are you tapping into pin 12 for, power?

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 05:53:42 AM »

No. Power is directly from the battery. It's the remote turn on that is tapped into the 12 pin.

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »

So it took me a while to figure out a look for the inner fairing but I think I like how this turned out.  I had to find chrome tweeter housings for my HAT Unity tweeters since the black was dull and boring.  I then changed the speaker grills to a pair I purchased from Hawg Wired and put the Drag Specialties chrome speaker rings on them.  What do you all think? 

Before

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

After:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »

After:

I really like the 'after' look.  :2vrolijk_21:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »

I like it also :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »

After.... :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.