Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Headlight complaints!  (Read 7092 times)

mark

Re: Headlight complaints!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:41:54 AM »

Do you remember who's HID set up you used?

Many manufacturers to choose from.  I got mine from DDM Tuning, but check out socalmotogear. (link below).

http://www.socalmotogear.com
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:43:34 AM by Mark »

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »

Thanks Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange

Trialsurfer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »

My last bike was a 10 Street Glide with the stock reflector headlight and the HD oval fogs. I installed the HID light bulb and the Sylvania 35W in the fogs, the light spread was extremely broad and distance lighting was incredible. We did Fontana Dam  (28-NC) at night and had 0 visibility issues. I traded it for the 15 ultra with the daymaker and had them spike the sidelights for high beam running, I would be afraid to do the same run with the current lighting which is extremely linear with no scatter, because when you put the bike into a good lean in a sharp corner the light into the corner disappears and you can't see anything into the corner. In my neighborhood we have a few 90 degree turns and I have to creep around them because of critters in the road that I used to be able to see. It might be a good light for a trike or a timid cornerer, but if you go to a dark twisty road you better be cautious!

awalker14

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE Black/Crimson
    • CVO2: 19 BMW R1250 GSA
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »

Just replaced the passing lamps and headlight bulbs on my 06 CUSE with LED's from www.socalmotogear.com  Very happy with results and was easy to do.  Saved hundreds.  Call them and they'll recommend the proper bulbs for your model.
06 Black/Candy Crimson FLHTCUSE; V&H TD's Ovals SE AC PCIII; SE Hyd Tens & Camplate Redshift 575's; Detach TP w/ Corbin Gunfighter; Zumo w/ 8gb SDHC (a lot of tunes)Clearview 8" Recurve; Minibeast II 128db Airhorn

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »

Not sure if mine are the reflector or projector LED, but whatever they are ... they SUCK! Completely useless unless you're going straight down the road. I do a lot of night riding and these things just don't give you any confidence on twisty back roads. I looked into having my passing lamps changed to stay on with the hi-beam and a couple idiot dealers gave me the "not legal for Pa. inspection" bullcrap. I've been thinking about try one of those JW Speaker Evo II LED lights ... some gave it pretty good reviews.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »

Just replaced the passing lamps and headlight bulbs on my 06 CUSE with LED's from www.socalmotogear.com  Very happy with results and was easy to do.  Saved hundreds.  Call them and they'll recommend the proper bulbs for your model.

'Have the socal HID headlight / LED passing light kit in the '05 SEEG for about 2 years now, I actually prefer the beam pattern(s) to the DayMakers in the '09 SERG. Caught the kit on sale for $150. all in... All plug n play, very happy with socal, good customer service. :2vrolijk_21:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »

I bought this and love it: http://www.baggerbags.com/products/7-daymaker-75w-chrome-projector-hid-led-light-bulb-headlight-motorcycle-harley.html

Here it is on the bike:

My only complaint is that it is almost too bright. In the evening my friends make me ride in front because even on low beam, it's like I have a mini-sun on the front of my bike. But I get all kind of questions and compliments on it since the light itself looks unique. Looks like a bug eye!
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.