Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update your GPS for new daylight savings time  (Read 1495 times)

sanjoseduke

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Update your GPS for new daylight savings time
« on: March 18, 2007, 01:41:42 PM »

I just updated my Garmin 2720 with the latest software to take care of the daylight savings problems (wrong time display). Updates are available on the Garmin websites. What a PIA our government leaders caused changing the daylight savings time rules. This surely has cost businesses billions of $'s to write the software updates (and download them) for every electronic device that uses an internal clock & calendar. My MIS guy took a week to change the software in all of our computer systems and servers. What were they thinking???
Don’t forget to get the downloads for your GPS’s including the built in one in your car, Also don’t forget to get the downloads for all your computers, cell phones, and PDA’s.

SanJoseDuke
13 FLHTCUSE8

Retired & Loving it!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Update your GPS for new daylight savings time
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:48:01 PM »

I just updated my Garmin 2720 with the latest software to take care of the daylight savings problems (wrong time display). Updates are available on the Garmin websites. What a PIA our government leaders caused changing the daylight savings time rules. This surely has cost businesses billions of $'s to write the software updates (and download them) for every electronic device that uses an internal clock & calendar. My MIS guy took a week to change the software in all of our computer systems and servers. What were they thinking???
Don’t forget to get the downloads for your GPS’s including the built in one in your car, Also don’t forget to get the downloads for all your computers, cell phones, and PDA’s.

SanJoseDuke

SJD,
Think about the money these business'  will gain through the extra productivity gained by an extra hour of working daylight.

Big Al

• If not now, when?
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 2024 RA1250SE
    • T. Allan Hamilton
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »

SJD,
Think about the money these business'  will gain through the extra productivity gained by an extra hour of working daylight.

I trust this is humor. :huepfenlol2:...

When something needs to be done, I get up and do it.  If I need light to do it, I do it when it's light. What does the time on your watch have to do with anything?....Probably I should move to Arizona- for some reason they don't need both...(I don't know which one they have however :nixweiss:) Total waste of time, changing back and forth- (Bah humbug etc. etc...)
Big Al
1999 FLHTCU/I w. Hack (Kaz' ride)- Sold
2006 FLHTCUSE- Hit a deer- Written off
2013 Tri-glide- Sold
2012 BMW K1600GTL- Commuter
2016 FLTRU Road Glide Ultra Limited- Sold
2024 RA1250-SE- CVO Pan America

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 06:53:14 PM »

SJD,

All it means is it's another hour well outside working hours currently since it really added it to the end of the day.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 22 queries.