Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I THINK I LIKE THE GARMIN NUVI BEST  (Read 3459 times)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: I THINK I LIKE THE GARMIN NUVI BEST
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »

iT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE nuvi 350 OR 360 IS A NICER BETTER SYS THAN THE zUMO.  cOMMENTS PLEASE

rHINO

Road Tech Quest GPS - I am lost without it. :) This format of GPS works well for me for several reasons:

1. Size, size and size; did I mention size? This thing is smaller than a pack of cigarettes. I use this GPS off of the Motorcycle a great deal, and its small form factor supports personal use very well. When playing tourist I carry the unit in my shirt pocket. It won’t navigate from your pocket but you can fire it up and mark a waypoint in a reasonable amount of time.

If you need to navigate on foot, it fits in your hand unobtrusively. If you are sitting by a window when riding as a passenger in a Cab, Tour Bus or other vehicle, you can easily navigate with it. These coordinates were taken from the GPS track while riding on the deck of the Lake Express Ferry across Lake Michigan at an indicated 39 mph; N43 01 58.5 W87 41 29.3. This waypoint was set while riding the London Eye; N51 30.203 W0 07.187.

2. Battery life is amazing. I took my Wife’s machine to Gettysburg, PA. in ’06 and I didn’t have time to hook up a power supply before I left. I stuck the GPS to the windshield of her Heritage with an auto suction mount and ran it on battery power for 2,800 miles. The GPS would run 2-3 days without a charge. On my return trip I took the Ferry across Lake Michigan.

3. The Quest operates like most other Garmin units, so most users are familiar with navigation aids like the turn pointer; time to next turn; distance to next turn, auto zoom, etc. I find that when navigating, I rely on the nav aids and don’t really look at the map detail unless I want a big picture perspective.

4. Weather resistance is a nice feature. I used to run an Auto radar detector that I would remove and stick in my pocket when raining; kind of a pain.

I got the original HD Quest awhile back and will pickup a new Conquest later this year. If you are so directionally challenged that you could leave Kansas City for Sturgis and end up in South Florida, you need a GPS.

djkak
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 24 queries.