Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2019 Indians Are On Their Website  (Read 4659 times)

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
2019 Indians Are On Their Website
« on: August 30, 2018, 07:47:40 AM »

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/thunder-stroke-111/

I'm a Die Hard Harley Rider but I can still appreciate the "Other" American Made Bike....   My Father-in-law has a  '17 Roadmaster...   It's a nice bike...   For an old man!   :) :)   He does get a lot of attention with it.

From their site:
"The Thunder Stroke® 111 is a soul-stirring V-Twin that delivers smooth, impressive power in every gear. And for 2019, these models boast new features that take performance, customization and comfort to the next level – making it easier than ever to match your bike to your riding style. New ride-enhancing technology like selectable Ride Modes and Rear Cylinder Deactivation let you ride your way, with more comfort. Plus, new gloss black finishes on Dark Horse® models and an improved audio system on Roadmaster® make your ride look and sound better. "

"NEW FEATURES
Introducing 3 Ride Modes on all Thunder Stroke® 111 models. Select between Tour, Standard or Sport mode on the fly.

Introducing Rear Cylinder Deactivation on all Thunder Stroke® 111 models. The rear cylinder will automatically deactivate when the bike is at a standstill for more comfort in slow-moving traffic. When throttle is applied, the rear cylinder will instantly reactivate for a seamless transition to full power.

Roadmaster® gets additional upgrades. The premium audio system now features 2-way speakers for enhanced clarity. Also, a dynamic equalizer automatically adjusts for speed so you get crystal clear audio at all times. The lowers were also redesigned to provide significantly more airflow to the rider.

All Dark Horse® models get even darker, with blacked-out exhaust and contrasting gloss black finishes"

ultrarider123

Re: 2019 Indians Are On Their Website
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10:07:38 AM »

I received the notice email yesterday.  Looks like they will be expounding on the '19 Roadmaster Chieftain on September 5th. 

Interesting how they released info on the Scout line first, yesterday the big twins and next Wednesday more details on the Roadmaster Chieftain.  I'm wondering if they will release the "special edition" models/colors the week after...

Their sound system was very, very good stock.  I'm looking forward to hearing the difference with these better speakers... ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:08:14 AM by Haird »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »

Interesting, they have "driving modes". Is this something new for 2019? Perhaps they'll drag HD kick and screaming into the modern age.

DH

mark

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 03:39:09 PM »

The driving modes are new for ‘19.  Only impacts the engine, not suspension.  Was hoping either IM or HD would have an electronic adjustable suspension this year.  The IM Chieftain is being redesigned.  Here’s a spy pic of what’s being circulated on line.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »

Interesting, they have "driving modes". Is this something new for 2019? Perhaps they'll drag HD kick and screaming into the modern age.

DH

and indian is introducing their version of eitms for 2019, something hd has had since 2007
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »

They no doubt have committees dedicated to deciding what is best to copy from each other.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

mark

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

They no doubt have committees dedicated to deciding what is best to copy from each other.

Which is good for both companies...HD reworked their Infotainment system for '19 because the IM system was better.  Without IM,  there'd be no one pushing the MoCo to make improvements.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:04 AM »

The IM Chieftain is being redesigned.  Here’s a spy pic of what’s being circulated on line.

Whoa!   I am diggin' the looks of those saddlebags and front fender.   

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 07:31:10 AM »

Which is good for both companies...HD reworked their Infotainment system for '19 because the IM system was better.  Without IM,  there'd be no one pushing the MoCo to make improvements.

Trick is to copy it better with improvements.  Copying is done in a lot of industries.  Early adapters/innovators vs late adapters/followers.  Costs associated with each strategy drive sales & profits.  Winners are not always the innovators, sometimes the copy works as well or better & the cost is less.  Think Sony Betamax (innovator) vs VHS (copy).  The latter prevailed, by a lot.  Ford vs Chevy is a longer term version - both innovate - both copy.

ultrarider123

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »

Here’s a spy pic of what’s being circulated on line.

If truly a spy pic, not only redesigned saddlebags, look at the front faring.  There is a vent there now....imitation is the purest form of flattery?

Whoa!   I am diggin' the looks of those saddlebags and front fender.   

I'm hoping Polaris wasn't cleaning out all the used Victory saddlebags 'cause these new ones sure resemble those...not saying bad, just looks like Victory old stock...

Looking forward to seeing and hearing them in person in a few days.

mark

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 09:18:22 PM »

More IM pics

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 09:21:32 PM »

More IM pics

Now they are making them look like the Victory bikes. Bad move.

GQ_Knuckle_Draggerz

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »

There’s a more black & less chrome theme going on with the 19s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 12:37:57 AM »

cant help it, still don't thrill me
Alan

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 07:16:33 AM »

Victory lives - as an Indian.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.