Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Opinions on Le Pera Seat  (Read 11902 times)

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
Re: Opinions on Le Pera Seat
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 08:06:27 PM »

I owned a LaPera for another Harley, and though it appeared to be solidly made, I did not like and do not like the leather they use. It has the high gloss of "patent leather" — leather with a plastic coated surface. When this stuff gets scratched, it will show big time. When you throw a leg over your bike, occasionally your foot will drag across the seat, and sometimes the seat gets scratched. Mine did. Also, I don't like the look of leather that is that shiny, it looks greasy. Corbin leather is quite a bit better—when you apply conditioner to it, it soaks in and looks darker but not greased. I won't buy another La Pera. If you go into a furniture store like Copenhagen, they give you many choices of leather to choose from. The gloss shiny ones are always the cheapest. For the price La Pera charges, they should use better leather.

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »

From the catalogue it seems indeed a bit on the glossy side - but I cannot judge really as I haven't had one in my hands to be honest . Had Mustangs and Corbins before - Despite the fact that the leather on the Corbins are definately a league a bove the former (which a sort of cheap skai leather)- they are bloody expensive in this neck of woods (roughly 540 dollar for a solo Hollywood).  I will check out the gunfighter as it appears to be more akin to the original FXSTSSE seat ....the Holywood is very different and way too high up and to far back - So I'd need to grow an inch (plateaushoes ;-) and mount a dragbar with more pull ....
 :soapbox:I'd rather shop along a bit further before resorting to these drastic measures though // :soapbox:

:'(

A_R

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 08:50:50 PM »

I rode over to North Hollywood and had them put different foam patterns on my 2008 FXDSE2,
then I sat on them until I found the perfect fit. As you can see by the picture, the seat has two kinds of leather
and I had them put the GEL front and back.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:00:19 AM by rbaker »

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

Let's see a pic of the whole seat!  Leather looks good on this one.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »

Ok, here is one view.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

I am 6ft 2 in and had them remove 2 inches from the foam, so I would be further back in the seat.

This is the stock seat next to the new seat.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 11:25:26 PM »

This was taken in the parking lot of LePera. They brought out 5 different white foam patterns.
I took the stock seat off and then tried all 5 until I found the one that fit me.

They also asked me what type of leather I wanted, and after looking at their samples, I chose
the 2 different leathers, one for the top of the seat and the other for the sides of the seat.

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »

another foam pattern
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.