Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrades - minor but inexperienced  (Read 2758 times)

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
Upgrades - minor but inexperienced
« on: March 25, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

Thought about putting the the backrest pad on with the mini rail.  Can I use the detachable type sideplate?  Also, wanted to place the bobtail fender rack on for occassional use.  Can this be done?  Will I need to use the turn signal relocation kit?  Hate going to the dealer with these questions without having some knowledge beforehand.  Thanks for all of the help.  Steve.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: Upgrades - minor but inexperienced
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 02:23:18 AM »

Thought about putting the the backrest pad on with the mini rail.  Can I use the detachable type sideplate?  I believe this would be possible, but not a expert on your model.

Also, wanted to place the bobtail fender rack on for occassional use.  Can this be done?  Yes/NO the way its fitted its not a quick release fitment, It would be to time consuming to frequently put it on and take it off. It doesnt detract from the looks of the bike when its permanently fitted.

Will I need to use the turn signal relocation kit?  Yes if you want to use the backrest pad with mini rail!

Hate going to the dealer with these questions without having some knowledge beforehand.  Thanks for all of the help.  Steve.
   I know what you mean, dont wanna look like a complete dummy.
I am not sure if you could use the bobtail fender rack and a back rest at the time.

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »

Thanks for the help!

scp1scp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »

Called Jenni @ Tri County HD - SUPER service and great prices.  Because the bike is getting older, she did not know one thing and went and got the information while I was on the telephone.  Had the parts and mailed same day.  Can't say enough about this firm.  My next bike will be purchased from there!

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 24 queries.