Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO 2010 SE SG (CB Install)  (Read 1478 times)

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
CVO 2010 SE SG (CB Install)
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:41:27 AM »

I do a lot of long distance riding and wonder if anyone has installed an HD CB module on the new SG??  If so, cost??
2018 CVO StreetGlide

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
Re: CVO 2010 SE SG (CB Install)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

Wondering this myself.  Hmmmm Wonder who Ranger is???  LOL
2011 Black Diamond/Crimson FLXSE2
Allen, Texas

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »

I wonder who Native is??? LMAO....unfortunately no one has posted
2018 CVO StreetGlide

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

It'd be a large and expensive pain.  CB module for the radio, potentially a different overlay harness, different left side switch and harness inside the bars, different dash likely also for the helmet mounted mic/speaker connection.  I'd not do it.  J&M has a bar mounted system that reportedly works well.  Still a chore to fully install if you do everything front and rear (less so if only using CB and for driver).  And not cheap either.  But it'd still be less work and expense than adding the integrated HD parts to do the job.

Ranger

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »

I have seen in the new catalog the CB module and the new CB Antenna that mounts inside your front fairing...wonder how well that antenna works??
2018 CVO StreetGlide

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:10:09 PM »

Seems the CB system installs similiar to the intercom system. Intercom may be a little harder because you have to run the harness to the rear for passenger connection vs the CB which does not require this.
Yes it is expensive, but what isn't? I bought the headsets $300, the intercom module (wiring) $300, the Overlay harness and XM module (ebay for $350, a real bargin) and the new GPS interface $120.  Intercom came with the left control asm (black) so off the lower half went to Chromemasters, $22.05, the GPS HD handlebar mount, $64 and off to Chromemasters $90. Just never stops. The hardest part was pulling the PPT wires thru the bars, We pulled the PTT button wires only, used the existing SERG wires for everything else. Have no idea what dealer would have charged, took 2 of us about 3 hours to install it all. Then have to take bike to dealer for intercom flash (free) which I haven't done yet. Tomorrow hopefully.
Don, you can handle it in your sleep.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »

Don, you can handle it in your sleep.

Have ultra-ized a couple of bikes like this.  Not for me though.  Hell, I don't even want a BSR talking to me much when I'm riding; certainly not the rest of the world :drink: .

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »

Take a look at HD's Boom Audio Music and Intercom Kit, p/n 77108-09.  Here are the installation instructions, with part nos.:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04929.pdf

Basically, the BAMI kit allows installation of CB/Intercom without replacing the OEM tank console, and passenger headset connection and PTT/Vol. switch without tour pak or speaker pods.  You will need to buy the non-Ultra overlay harness, p/n 70169-06; CB module; headset(s); and antenna.

I installed the BAMI kit, CB module, etc. on my '04 EG so there was more work involved than on an '07 or newer bike (needed to change handlebar switch harness connector from Molex in the kit to Deutsch, and make a change to my bike's interconnect harness to make it compatible with the non-Ultra overlay harness). 

The BAMI kit installation instructions may give you ideas on installing CB only without the passenger headset connector and controls is those are not needed.

Carl

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »

If you are going this route, don't waste the money on the Harley Antennas - They suck!  I'm not sure the J&M's are any better though. I tried a FireStick Firefly and the improved performance was unbelievable. I actually got more than 5 miles instead of ther 1/4 of a mile before hand. However, the Sierra adaptor broke the stud, so I've got the sort that out. On SE with the lower mount, you'd definitely want to go with a longer antenna.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 11:43:15 AM »

We looked at add ing the factory CB to our SERG several years ago.  It was pushing $1500 by the time it was said and done for the parts.  It was cheaper to sell the SERG and buy a CUSE.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

NativTexan

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 11:59:45 AM »

I don't see any reason to put anything there including an intercom for a passenger on a Street Glide but each to their own.  My GF has her own bike anyway.  I would like to have just the rider CB portion though to talk to others.......  Truckers seem to know where the speed traps are...LOL
2011 Black Diamond/Crimson FLXSE2
Allen, Texas

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.