Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Running out of ideas. Dakota Digital - Yes or No?  (Read 949 times)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
Running out of ideas. Dakota Digital - Yes or No?
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »

Hello,
I'm really pleased how the bike is now that I've applied my mods.  I had planned to change the bars and inner fairing, but since the corbin solo arrived I'm finding the new seating position works for me.  I've had a back and forth on whether or not to change the 18" front for a 19" and given I ride hard on country back roads most of the time, the 18" will most likely give me better useage.  The Hi Outputs with power duals have given me sufficient performance and sounds great.
Should I call it a day (why am I asking this question on here?), or add a set of PM contour mirrors, a dakota aerial and a set of red dial dakota gauges? :bananarock:

Questions on DDG's - will I see them in the sunlight and are they worth the money?  Will I be top dog this side of the pond I mean? :nixweiss:

Cheers
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Running out of ideas. Dakota Digital - Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »

I forgot that I replaced the rear tail with a lay down smoke, domestic LED's, a KYKN9182 and a badlands run/ brake module like HDNIK's.  It's looking pretty good even though I've not washed the bike since purchase and 1100 miles ago  :2vrolijk_21:
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:18:18 PM »

The Dakota Digital gauges are easily readable in the sun. 

I'm assuming that you have the Tequila Sunrise if you're wanting to put in red gauges......I don't think they'd look right in the other colors.

You can see mine and my wife's in the day time here on this link.........    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32927.msg681465#msg681465
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:18:25 PM »

Looking good JCZ.  Mine's a spiced rum with black inner fairing.  Do you think these would work?

Cheers

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »

Looking good JCZ.  Mine's a spiced rum with black inner fairing.  Do you think these would work?

Cheers

Oh, they'll work on a SESG.  I think the question is "would they look good on a spiced rum?".   And that's a matter of personal taste or opinion. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 12:20:31 PM »

How about some pics LD?

Ipod control unit?

Chrome brake calipers?

2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

GeneHowe

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »

Have the Dakota gauges on my Tequila Sunrise and it made the bike.  Can be easily seen in the daytime and great at night.  The nice thing is they are big enough I don;t need my reading glasses.

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »

Pics are in coming, I'm waiting on a number plate that I'm well illegal using.   I've ridden the bike hard and have yet to wash her (it's true - look hideous)  I'm heading out on a trip to the house in Spain and I've never been further than 100 miles away before.  She's getting a wash, was with my special sauce and pics will come soon after.
 :pepper:

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.