Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A noise question  (Read 872 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
A noise question
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:28:42 PM »

I have a SE Fat Bob. It's noisy (I'm referring to the engine). It's a HD. I accept it. But I don't like all that racket. I like the new SE Street Glide and I'm pricing them out. But frankly I don't want to buy another bike with a noisy engine. I guess my question is this, how noisy are the touring Screaming Eagles. I guess the engines are the same but I'm wondering if the bulk of a touring bike somehow dampens that noisy HD engine.
 Gary

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: A noise question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:38:29 PM »

I have a SE Fat Bob. It's noisy (I'm referring to the engine). It's a HD. I accept it. But I don't like all that racket. I like the new SE Street Glide and I'm pricing them out. But frankly I don't want to buy another bike with a noisy engine. I guess my question is this, how noisy are the touring Screaming Eagles. I guess the engines are the same but I'm wondering if the bulk of a touring bike somehow dampens that noisy HD engine.
 Gary

I think you will find that the Touring models, especially the ones with lowers, reflect more noise back to the rider, not less.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »

I think you will find that the Touring models, especially the ones with lowers, reflect more noise back to the rider, not less.

Jerry

I agree....even back in 2006 when I bought an 88" Street Glide, it was noticably noisier than my 04 Road King with just a windshield and that was the same motor. Now with my 110" the noise only got worse.

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

I wear foam earplugs. Hear only the beautiful exhaust note and the stereo. Block out all of the top end clatter and the wife telling me how to ride.

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

Go take a demo ride and then decide. my street glide is not bad
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 24 queries.