Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost My Rubber Pad on Engine Guard-HD Dealer Issues  (Read 3453 times)

RDWEAVER

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Lost My Rubber Pad on Engine Guard-HD Dealer Issues
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »

I ride a 2010 CVO street glide. When I got home the other nite I noticed one of my rubber pads was missing. They appear to be glued on with some type of adhesive that has failed. I grabbed the other one that was still on the engine guard to see if it was secure and it fell off in my hand with no effort. So went to the dealer today and they replaced the bar with an engine guard that did not match the original OEM part. It is HD, but quite different than what I had from the factory. What gives the dealer the right to replace parts with non-CVO equipment??? I told the service department this would not satisfy me and after quite a while and some discussion they did agree to order in the correct bar and replace. Has anyone had issues with these pads falling off? Also wanted my fogged over headlight checked and they said it was condensation and would clear with the heat from the bulb and ventilation from riding. I rode it 227 miles today and still fogged up.... not condensation. Question....Am I asking for more than I should be ? Or should I be considering a dealer that recognizes a CVO owner that will not settle for anything but the highest quality service that we all expect..

There..... I feel a little better now.
RD

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Lost My Rubber Pad on Engine Guard-HD Dealer Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

The headlight hazing was a known issue with early SESGs. Has yours been cloudy since delivery? If not, it's something else.
As far as your mustache bar goes, it should have been easier. Do you have an alternate dealer close by?

RDWEAVER

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:17:45 AM »

Yes the headlight has been this was way for a year.  There are two dealers that are closer, I have purchased bikes from both. I was trying to cultivate a good dealer relationship with the one that sold me the motorcycle. Makes me wonder if I am doing the right thing here........

catz66

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG, 2010 SESG, 2013 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2016 RGUC RUBY & Silver
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »

I had the same problem with my headlamp. My dealer replaced it on the 1st visit back. Also had a problem with a wind whistle over the rubber pads on the engine guard. Dealer replaced guard with the standard guard at my request so I could install lower farings.

rodney65

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »

I wish I had the defective glue on the black pads on the engine guard. I hate them and have tried to pull them off. Anyone know an effective way to remove them?

HD4CPA

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

I wish I had the defective glue on the black pads on the engine guard. I hate them and have tried to pull them off. Anyone know an effective way to remove them?

I agree.  I think they are ugly and too far inward to be useful.  Wish I had standard engine guards.
Mods:
Vance & Hines Power Duals
Fullsac 2" baffles
TTS Mastertune
Integrated XM Stereo
Hogtune Speakers
Hog Pod
HID Lighting
C&C Solo Seat
1" Floorboard Extenders

RDWEAVER

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »

Don't remove them the chrome under them is not finished it looks like they were resting on a jig of some sort in this area. I'm not so sure there might be three holes in the bar in the area under the pad.

RD

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »

I had the Engine Guard replaced because of the black pad falling off, they ordered the correct one,  also the service rep notice my saddle bag had a flaw on the fiberglass and they replaced it (after 10,000 miles)  I have no complaints with the dealer where I bought my SESG.... I am treated with kid gloves....Love it
Chico
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

J B

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG CC
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »

Sorry to hear of the trouble, but I am glad to learn what's under them! I've been wanting to remove them.

For folks who like the mustache shape, Kuryakyn makes one that has fold-out pegs, looks pretty sweet except the pegs don't match up too great with the other controls.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/19/IMID/582

I added the HD 360 adjustable peg mounts (50832-07A), which gets the pegs high up enough and out a little bit, but this just makes the stock pad look even more redundant. Also the MoCo don't sell the matching pegs as an accessory (could use passenger pegs, and give her something roomier I guess  ;) ). I ended up using the HD "Chrome and Rubber" pegs (50131-95A). They don't match, but they compliment the other controls as good as anything out there IMO.
2010 SESG CC
Feuling Reaper Cams
Fullsac Cores
Wild 1 Bagger Apes
CycleSmiths Banana Boards
Walter's Workshop Extended Levers
Kuryakyn Plate Frame
LED Light Show by Metal Dragon
Seating by Corbin
Sound by Hawg Wired

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.