Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone fitted a Harley Hammock Touring Seat? Well mine now fits!!  (Read 2868 times)

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3

Guys,
Although I am happy with the stock seat, my navigator gets a numb backside after about an hour.  I am considering fitting the Harley Hammock Touring Seat.  Part No 53051-09.
A Corbin or Mustang would be my preferred option, but here in the UK they cost a fortune, and the customs man takes a slice too.
I would appreciate some advice before I order.  
Thanks. :confused5:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:32:01 PM by jazz »

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

Re: Anyone fitted a Harley Hammock Touring Seat?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »

Guys,
Although I am happy with the stock seat, my navigator gets a numb backside after about an hour.  I am considering fitting the Harley Hammock Touring Seat.  Part No 53051-09.
A Corbin or Mustang would be my preferred option, but here in the UK they cost a fortune, and the customs man takes a slice too.
Thanks.
Well, I bought one, took delivery today, had to drive 70 miles to the dealers to pick up,  I got it home and guess what, it won't ******* fit!  When the front end is connected into the tounge, the mounting at the back is an inch and a half short!!  Typical or what.  This thing retails for £468, I got £100 discount for loyalty, £368 was a bit steep!
Looks like my navigator will have a numb backside for a little longer!!

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »

Guys,
Although I am happy with the stock seat, my navigator gets a numb backside after about an hour.  I am considering fitting the Harley Hammock Touring Seat.  Part No 53051-09.
Thanks.
Well, I bought one, took delivery today, had to drive 70 miles to the dealers to pick up,  I got it home and guess what, it won't ******* fit!  When the front end is connected into the tounge, the mounting at the back is an inch and a half short!!  Typical or what.  This thing retails for £468, I got £100 discount for loyalty, £368 was a bit steep!
Looks like my navigator will have a numb backside for a little longer!!

They will not allow you to return it since it don't fit?

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »

They will not allow you to return it since it don't fit?
The Dealer in Doncaster has been very helpful, but the fact that it won't fit is news to them.  They are going to check with space HQ on Monday to see if they know of the problem.  Full refund is on the way if there is no solution.
Looks like it may be a Corbin after all!!
 :drink:

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
Re: Anyone fitted a Harley Hammock Touring Seat? Well they don't fit!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:28:39 PM »

Does the seat fit properly otherwise? IE: does it match to the tank?  DO the rubber bumpers sit on the frame rails/  Does it clear everything that is under the saet & not pinch or sit on any wires?

If all those others are good then you could just install a 2nd mounting nut for the seat.

Just thinking....
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

Re: Anyone fitted a Harley Hammock Touring Seat? Well mine now fits!!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »

Does the seat fit properly otherwise? IE: does it match to the tank?  DO the rubber bumpers sit on the frame rails/  Does it clear everything that is under the saet & not pinch or sit on any wires?

If all those others are good then you could just install a 2nd mounting nut for the seat.

Just thinking....
It now fits, but only just.  One of the guys at Leeds Harley Davidson took a look with me, and we got it to fit.  the length of the seat is just half an inch short, but when the front mounting lug is fully engaged in the front seat mount, the trick is to pull the whole seat back until the rear mount just cliks in. Half an inch further and its off.  The rubber bumbers on the frame have to come off too.  We also tried the seat on the Street Glide Standard, and it fit without a hitch.  Strange!
I must admit though, my missus is really happy with the seat, no more numb but for her, but I prefer the stock seat.  The new one lifts me up at least two inches.  Feet just flat on the floor but deep joy!
 :apple: :jalapeno: :pepper:

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 24 queries.