Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: the four colors of the 2011 cvo street glide  (Read 15670 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
the four colors of the 2011 cvo street glide
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:45:20 AM »

I just got back from Sturgis and spent hours looking at the cvo Street Glides because that's my next bike. All four were all outside a slight distance from the tent. I looked in the morning with the sun on the back of the saddlebags, late afternoon with the sun on the fairings, & cloudy, so I got a pretty good idea. Everyone will have their own opinion no matter what I think. I could spend a lot of time here writing all about the different variations that come on the bikes, not just colors. Two of the four have chrome on the console and two have a black console. Two have chrome wheels and two have black contrast chrome. I wish I had the choice to mix to my liking with the color choices but they come how they come. At one point Willie G. Davidson was a few feet away and I almost asked him what his favorite color was but decided not to. Here's my personal ranking: 1. Black/Crimson tag; and very close second, black/inferno orange, a distant 3rd, Kryptonite/black, and 4th, autumn haze/antique gunstock.

The crimson graphics look really modern and unique, and no two bikes are the same since the crimson graphics are hand painted. I wish there was more crimson instead of so much black but I still rate it no. 1 for ME. The orange colors were extremely nice, but the straight lines differentiating the colors on the fender and tank made the bike look somewhat dated and not 2011. But don't get me wrong, I'd take the black/orange in a heartbeat. It looks really sweet from the back, with a touch of orange on the corners of the saddlebags and orange fairings (where the speakers are black).

The Kryptonite looks great at first but after a half hour I quit looking at it and I suspect after owning the bike a year it would get tiresome. If you've never owned a cvo, maybe you'd like the green. It does stand out. The autumn haze did very little for me even though I really tried hard to like it 'cause my dealer has one coming in a few weeks. Again, these are my personal opinions and wouldn't want to insult anyone that bought one I personally didn't rank high. All four are nice looking motorcycles.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
Re: the four colors of the 2011 cvo street glide
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 07:45:06 AM »

Do you have any pictures? Excellent post in words though!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »

The Kryptonite is growing on me, I hated it at first, still not crazy about any of the 2011 colors this yr, they don't pop.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »

Here are some pictures. None of the pictures do that good of a job showing the crimson tag graphics, but if the sun hits it just right it really stands out. I got glare on the ones I took. I have more pictures. If there is anything particular you are wanting, reply and I'll see if I have any. The Kyrptonite is the only bike with powder coated black engine parts.  I noticed scratches around the casing of the derby cover from boots hitting it. You can probably buff it out but only so many times before you take all the powder coating off.

Here's a real hot SG

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:03 PM »

The wife and I were both anxious to see the black and crimson tag.  We were just a bit under impressed.  The bike just doesn't have any "pop" to it.  It's not a bike that you'd recognize at a glance or coming from the opposite direction at 60-70 mph as a CVO.  The graphics are what the car customizers were doing about eight or ten years ago.

In the pics above, the orange & black looks to be the one that stands out for me.  The motor matches the paint scheme, the orange looks to almost be a pearl color, the all chrome wheels..........just the bike of 2011 in my opinion (unless something changes when I see it in person).    :nixweiss:  But then........what do I know about CVOs.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »

I am also underwhelmed. I like the colors but the CVO schemes this year look less custom and more mainstream. The previous CVO schemes screamed custom with gold leaf, hand pin-striped, cool colors, etc. Even the HD tank logo was painted; now its a chrome stick on emblem. The schemes seem simple. Not what I was looking for in a CVO. I really want a new SG but can't seem to get excited. The colors are bright but just don't get me. Just my opinion. And I think it sucked they have no blue. So I photoshopped one...Maybe next year.
2011 FLHXSE2

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »

I am also underwhelmed. I like the colors but the CVO schemes this year look less custom and more mainstream. The previous CVO schemes screamed custom with gold leaf, hand pin-striped, cool colors, etc. Even the HD tank logo was painted; now its a chrome stick on emblem. The schemes seem simple. Not what I was looking for in a CVO. I really want a new SG but can't seem to get excited. The colors are bright but just don't get me. Just my opinion. And I think it sucked they have no blue. So I photoshopped one...Maybe next year.
That's a good photoshop job... that color scheme reminds me a lot of the B&B '04 SEEG. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »

Thanks for the excellents photos!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »

This is the "hot color" for the year...

:2vrolijk_21:

Are you guys BLIND?

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.