Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smart Security System malfunction  (Read 1135 times)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Smart Security System malfunction
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »

Not sure where to post this? Three times on my trip to Sturgis I had the security system go into alarm when I stopped for fuel, as we all know when this happens you can't start the bike and when you try the alarm goes off (very annoying), after trying several times to reset the alarm, even purchasing a new battery for the fob, the only way to start the bike was to enter a new pass code. I had to do this twice on the trip and was prepared to get a new fob at the next dealer we came to. Well as luck would have it it hasn't failed again since Wednesday, not sure what to do now? Has anyone else had this happen?  :nixweiss:
Hawg

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
Re: Smart Security System malfunction
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »

yes exact same thing happened to me i posted about it never really found the answer. i would like to have my security disabled
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »

Hmmm,

such things used to be quite frequent with the older Security System under adverse radio conditions, I remember one especially nice occasion when on a gathering in Berlin right on Gemdarmenmarkt over a dozen bikes had it simultaneously - police was immediately on the spot and a big hassle started  ::)

But haven't experienced or even heard of it with the newer system. With the older system it usually was enough to move the bike some yards or even just hold the fob close to the module (right side on the old touring bikes).

As you both ride 2010 bikes I wonder if it's a new bug with them but there was no "official" change in 2010  :nixweiss:
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

jmhenrie

• Full CVO Member
  • expensive oil change

• CVO1: 2007 screaming eagle electra glide Gone
    • CVO2: 2010 screeming Eagle electra glide cvo limited black
    • CVO3: 2012 cvo electra glide Electic Orange/black
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:24 AM »

when i picked up my 2010 in arizona, the dealer warned me to watch out for high power electric lines because they can overpower the fob signal. moving the bike was all that was usually needed to disarm the security. so with this unsolicitated warning i think it has happened to sevral bikes.
 cheers

sgtbuck

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »

This happened to me with my 08 SERK at a gas station on a road trip to Oregon. I took the battery out of the fob, put it back in and it worked. Replaced the battery and it never happened again....lucky I guess.

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 21 queries.