Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Short but sweet! (Cross Post)  (Read 1893 times)

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
Short but sweet! (Cross Post)
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:22 AM »

So ... After getting my orange/black FLSTSE 4th of July weekend I put almost 3000 miles on it in less than 6 weeks.  Loved every minute of it.  When I saw the 11's come out I thought "uh-oh" ... When I saw the new CVO brochure it got worse.  While I probably get 0 points for sanity I'm absolutely in love with my new toy - an '11 SESG in black diamond.

Is it better?  Worse?  No ... it's different.  I decided I wanted some of the features, and at 6'3 never got the fit quite right on the softy - and didn't like the number of mods it felt like it'd take to get me there.  I don't do long distance touring (yet??) but a 2-300 mile day was just a little too tiring for me on the softail.  At the same time no bike attracted more attention, or felt more "authentic" and I do miss sitting "in" the bike.  I wish I could have kept them both, but I'm the only one here who rides and I just couldn't justify that much $$ sitting in the garage, especially in new england where we can't really ride 365.

When I first saw the black diamond it was indoors and poorly lit, and it didn't look like much.  In strong light / the sun it's still understated compared to my inferno/black softail but the colors and the metallics in the paint really pop out. 

-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Short but sweet! (Cross Post)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »

Congrats mi amigo ..I bet that it's a beautiful bike  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »

So ... After getting my orange/black FLSTSE 4th of July weekend I put almost 3000 miles on it in less than 6 weeks.  Loved every minute of it.  When I saw the 11's come out I thought "uh-oh" ... When I saw the new CVO brochure it got worse.  While I probably get 0 points for sanity I'm absolutely in love with my new toy - an '11 SESG in black diamond.

Is it better?  Worse?  No ... it's different.  I decided I wanted some of the features, and at 6'3 never got the fit quite right on the softy - and didn't like the number of mods it felt like it'd take to get me there.  I don't do long distance touring (yet??) but a 2-300 mile day was just a little too tiring for me on the softail.  At the same time no bike attracted more attention, or felt more "authentic" and I do miss sitting "in" the bike.  I wish I could have kept them both, but I'm the only one here who rides and I just couldn't justify that much $$ sitting in the garage, especially in new england where we can't really ride 365.

When I first saw the black diamond it was indoors and poorly lit, and it didn't look like much.  In strong light / the sun it's still understated compared to my inferno/black softail but the colors and the metallics in the paint really pop out. 

That's all about to change.  You don't plan it, it just kind of happens.  With the Street Glide you can ride 500 miles in a day and still get off and dance. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »

Pics of the new sled...
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:05:24 AM »

-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:27:29 AM »

Great, now get the cat removed, Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner, Windvest windshield (with the curved lip at the top), HID headlight, Corbin Classic Solo (and touring pillion to match, if you ride two up), Tune Trapper Hidden antenna........for starters. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »

Great, now get the cat removed, Fullsac baffles, TTS tuner, Windvest windshield (with the curved lip at the top), HID headlight, Corbin Classic Solo (and touring pillion to match, if you ride two up), Tune Trapper Hidden antenna........for starters. :2vrolijk_21:

Speaking of solo seats, will a corbon classic solo fit on a 2011 SG and what price is it? I saw the Signature Series solo seat with backrest, part no. 51700-09, in the MoCo catologue for $500. What's the difference between the two?

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »

Argh .. I don't even have the bill in the mail yet ... :)
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
Previously '10 FLSTSE

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »

Speaking of solo seats, will a corbon classic solo fit on a 2011 SG and what price is it? I saw the Signature Series solo seat with backrest, part no. 51700-09, in the MoCo catologue for $500. What's the difference between the two?

The Corbin website says up to '10..haven't heard of any changes on the '11's other than the tank panel on the SESG. Best bet is to call them. Prices listed on the site under the "order" tab.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh9-s.shtml

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

The Corbin website says up to '10..haven't heard of any changes on the '11's other than the tank panel on the SESG. Best bet is to call them. Prices listed on the site under the "order" tab.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/hdflh9-s.shtml

I just called Corbin and ordered one. She said they haven't actually put it on a 2011 SESG yet but many 2011 SESG dealers have been ordering the '09-'10 classic solo & she hasn't heard of any problems. I hope it fits.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »

I just called Corbin and ordered one. She said they haven't actually put it on a 2011 SESG yet but many 2011 SESG dealers have been ordering the '09-'10 classic solo & she hasn't heard of any problems. I hope it fits.

Just FYI..If you call Jim at Metal Dragon (HD Dude on here)...you would have gotten 10% on that seat.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.