Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 SESG License Plate Wiring Harness - How does it attach inside fender?  (Read 1458 times)

TJMichigan

Just returned from a 1500 mile trip on my 2010 SESG and when washing all the road grime off I discovered the wiring harness that goes to the license plate light hanging down and rubbing on the rear tire.  Not good, but seems to be ok. 

Can anyone tell me how this harness is supposed to be attached and where on the insdie of the fender it is supposed to be? 

TJMichigan

No replies to this question - So I used 2 sided tape to attach.  Very difficult to get your hand up in there, so I am a bit worried about how clean it was and if it will stay attached.  I guess when its time for a tire I can have the techs clean and attach again.  Seems odd to me that this thing was not connected better from the factory.  I could find only a 1" strip that looks like it might have been 2 sided tape.  This could have spoiled a sweet Lake Huron Circle Tour had it wore through or got caught up and ripped off. 

Anyway, still like the ride.............. 

dkflhxse

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE

I'd have it correctly fixed immediately - wouldn't trust 2-sided tape to do the job for long and you should still be on warranty.  Been too long since I removed/reinstalled it to remove my rear reflector.  But I believe the top slides into a slot on the inner fender and then over a small threaded stud to which is tightened a small nut.  Hope that helps.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06

I beleive it is a rubber conduit that is affixed with some type of double side tape. I think it needs to cure 24hrs once applied to fender. Sounds like a warranty trip. To apply properly I would think fender should be removed.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)

yes correct a rubber conduit attached with double sided tape, and yes it is a poor design on the tire lowered bikes will rub through the wires and short them out.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

TJMichigan

thanks for the feedback guys.  It looked like a rubber conduit that was flat on 1 side to attach to the inner side of the fender, but I could not reach/locate any type of attachment feature.  I used some double sided tape, but I am sure its not permanent as I couldn't get up there to clean very good.  I needed a quick fix as it went to a local non HD shop today for a much needed exhaust upgrade.  Going the full Jackpot route with PCV as thats what the only tuner locally I trust uses.  I will get it into the HD shop to have a permanent fix done ASAP.  Seems kind of like a shabby design for a 32K ride.  I had a 04 Deuce for 6 years and never once had an issue that wasn't self induced.  That thing was solid all around.  Makes me wonder if the quality is slipping.........

anyway, thanks.

TJ

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark

hey tj search around this was brought up before your not the only one i did forget the solution though.. i remember cause i went and checked mine had rubbed almost in half i did fix it rite. mine was the kury plate dealer installed. now im obsessed with it check it all the time.
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor

TJ   Be sure and let us know how the jackpot route goes. Numbers, Butt dyno, Sound.

Thanks

TJMichigan

Re: 2010 SESG License Plate Wiring Harness - How does it attach inside fender?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 08:18:08 AM »

I will let you know.  Should be done in a day or 2 as its hot as heck here in West Mi right now, so they will install today and dyno 1st thing in the morning tomorrow when its not 90+ degrees.  Should be interesting to see as they are going to make runs with Jamie's maps 1st and then make changes as they see fit. 

TJ

TJMichigan

Re: 2010 SESG License Plate Wiring Harness - How does it attach inside fender?
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »

I was asked to post the dyno results for my 2010 SESG with Jackpot headpipe, Jackpot Pro Touring Mufflers and Power Commander 5 during this post trail.  Bike was dropped off this afternoon.  No chance to ride, as its nasty here in Michigan today, but here's the numbers:  94hp, 108 ft/lbs, and the AFR curve is pretty much flat lined.  Has a deep thumping idle and cracks pretty darn good when brought up to 5k.  This setup eliminates the O2 sensors.  Our best local tuner, Jody at American Iron in Jenison MI ran the map provided by Jamie @ Fuelmoto before developing a custom map.  The FuelMoto map came in at 90hp and 104 ft/lbs.  He was able to squeeze a little more out of it.  The one thing he did mentioned was that he could not independently tune the cylinders due to the cross over pipes.  I need to discuss this with Fuel Moto to see if he is missing something.  He will redo the map if we can figure out how to do it independently.  He mentioned something about drilling out the bungs big enough to get this sensor into each pipe. 

Hopefully this nasty weather cleans up over the weekend and I can see what a SESG really feels like!

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.