Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SESG MIRRORS  (Read 1601 times)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
SESG MIRRORS
« on: May 22, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »

Can not get use to my mirrors.  I previously had handle bar mounted on my 04 SEEG.
1. The fairing mounts seem to vibrate more than my bar mounts on the 04
2. Everytime I get them adjusted so I can see, I view a portion of my hands

Any body switched???  What are you using or what am I missing?  By the way I tryed the lighted ones from Kuryakan ..Same results

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: SESG MIRRORS
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »

I've had good luck with these. Many here have gone to handlebar mounted mirrors...

Split Vision Fairing Mount Mirrors

See even more of the world that you just passed. This exclusive design Split Vision Mirrors minimizes blind spots and provides a wide panoramic rear view of the left and right lane, and the road behind you. The mirror features a large primary panel for normal view, and a second outboard convex panel for a wider field of vision. Slightly larger than the standard-view Fairing Mount Mirrors, these split vision mirrors offer the same full range of adjustability. A direct bolt-on replacement for standard-view Fairing Mount Mirrors, the kit also includes the hardware and mounting template required for easy and accurate installation on other models.

92085-10

Fits '96-later Electra Glide®, Street Glide® and Trike models (pair). Does not fit with Chrome Fairing Mount Mirror Covers P/N 91924-09, Illuminated Chrome Mirror Covers P/N 92600-10 or Fairing Mount Mirror Covers P/N 92200001.

MSRP US $99.95

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »

Can not get use to my mirrors.  I previously had handle bar mounted on my 04 SEEG.
1. The fairing mounts seem to vibrate more than my bar mounts on the 04
2. Everytime I get them adjusted so I can see, I view a portion of my hands

Any body switched???  What are you using or what am I missing?  By the way I tryed the lighted ones from Kuryakan ..Same results

Interesting post. When I first got my bike I had this on my list to change to handlebar mount mirrors and I quickly scratched that off my list. I just love these fairing mount mirrors and I can see better with them than ever before with my bar mounted ones. ( by the way the old bike was a bagger also) I will say though that my new bike does not vibrate at all so I am sure that has a lot to do with it.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »

the SG mirrors take getting used to....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

nuckelhead

• Full CVO Member
  • if it ain't broke... take it off and chrome it!!!!

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE / BLACK DIAMOND
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

the SG mirrors take getting used to....

i concur.  they just take getting used to.  mainly because they're just lower.
everything i own has been stolen and then replaced with exact replicas....

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:41:49 PM »

i concur.  they just take getting used to.  mainly because they're just lower.

Do you see your hand on the hand grips in a potion of the mirror???   wonder if my handle bars were installed to high??

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 11:45:59 AM »

I installed them on my 2000 ultra and really liked them. The only way I would change them is if I put on some Ape hangers (wich I may do).
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 12:00:36 PM »

Do you see your hand on the hand grips in a potion of the mirror???   wonder if my handle bars were installed to high??

Your mirrors should be adjusted so that you can view back and to the side (the lane next to you) on both sides.  

In other words, if you're getting ready to change lanes, you should be able to see the lane behind you and to the left or right.  And when riding in staggered formation you'd also then be able to see the face and eyes of the rider behind you and you could look into the mirror (left or right, depending on where you're at in the formation) of the bike in front of you and see that riders face/eyes.  If they have their mirrors adjusted where they see directly behing theirself, then you'll not be able to see their face.

Are you short in the body?  I am tall in the body and I was actually surprised at how well they worked without any obstruction (but then my head is up much higher than a short bodied person).  While I'm 6'4", my wife is only 5'7" and she says that she doesn't have any problem with blockage in her mirrors. 

However, I did replace them and went with handlebar mounted mirrors when I went with the tallker handlebars (HD Touring Pullbacks).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:04:46 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »

Your mirrors should be adjusted so that you can view back and to the side (the lane next to you) on both sides.  

In other words, if you're getting ready to change lanes, you should be able to see the lane behind you and to the left or right.  And when riding in staggered formation you'd also then be able to see the face and eyes of the rider behind you and you could look into the mirror (left or right, depending on where you're at in the formation) of the bike in front of you and see that riders face/eyes.  If they have their mirrors adjusted where they see directly behing theirself, then you'll not be able to see their face.

Are you short in the body?  I am tall in the body and I was actually surprised at how well they worked without any obstruction (but then my head is up much higher than a short bodied person).  While I'm 6'4", my wife is only 5'7" and she says that she doesn't have any problem with blockage in her mirrors. 

.  However, I did replace them and went with handlebar mounted mirrors when I went with the tallker handlebars (HD Touring Pullbacks).

Thanks. I am 5'10 but am still having a devil of a time with these as the mirror is obstructed by my hand on both sides.  Also there seems to be a lot of vibration compared to the handle bar mounted mirrors

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 02:23:48 PM »

I am 5 ft 7 inches and I can see my hands nearthe borrom of the mirrors but I still have a clear shot on what is going on to the rear and sides.  My wife added the mirrors to her Limited and she complains about seeing her hands in the mirrors.  She is 6 ft.
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

catz66

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG, 2010 SESG, 2013 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2016 RGUC RUBY & Silver
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

I am 5" 10" also and did not like the mirrors. Changed them out for the handle bar mounted ones with built in turnsignals on the back.  Click the link below

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769825&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286707&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286707&locale=en_US&bmUID=1306188490010&bmLocale=en_US

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »

no problem with my mirrors.  :apple:

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »

I am 5-10 and have no problem with my fairing mounted mirrors.

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »

I want to like them but I seem to be adjsting them all the time. I am trying to get used to them cause I think they look good. Time will tell.
 Ray :2vrolijk_21:
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.