Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Factory reset of BOOM!™ Box Infotainment System  (Read 11790 times)

FLHTCUSE3 Erling

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Wife
Re: Factory reset of BOOM!™ Box Infotainment System
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2018, 05:26:21 AM »

Thanks for all the help so far. It seems as the previous dealer where i bought the bike has by mistake installed the non-CVO over the CVO radio so I can not update with any of the versions. My local dealer will re-install the CVO original software using their digital tech when I am back from my overseas trip in early July. Hope that will solve the issue.
Ride safe!

2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey Fade (Sold May 2021)
2017 FLHTKSE (Sold Apr 2021)
2014 FLSTNSE (Sold Sep 2018)
2014 FLHTKSE (Sold Apr 2018)
2012 FLHTCUSE7 (Sold Jul 2014)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 (Sold Mar 2020)
2008 FLHTCUSE3 (Sold Jul 2011)
2003 FLHTCUI (Sold Apr 2008)
2003 FLHRCI (Sold Feb 2007)
1998 FLSTS (Sold Sep 2005)

ROMAD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 11:30:13 AM »

But if you insist on resetting to factory settings, here is how you do it (excerpt from the 2014 Touring Electrical Diagnostic Manual as posted from another forum).

To enter the Service Menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN? to ACC.
3. Continue to press the Boombox power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.

The Service Menu may display "Diag Service not Avaiiable" when a menu option is initially selected. This message will clear once the system has finished performing the power-on process.

Service Menu Options are: DTCs, Audio, Display, Key input, Component menus, Version info, Reset, Touchscreen. You want to select "Reset".
Reset options:
  Pre-calibration reset: Restores fatory default settings. This is recommended when there are radio symptoms and no DTCs*
  Post calibration save: Archives customers settings so that they can be restored after a Post calibration Reset.
  Post calibration reset: Resets the radio to factory default settings and restores the last archive data stored during Post calibration Save.

You want Pre-calibration reset. Proceed at your own risk.

FYI, I had to do this procedure on mine when I loaded a route with too many waypoints. Despite the MoCo's claim that a route can have up to 99 waypoints, I found out the hard way that the REAL limit is 60. Anything more than that froze the unit. This was last Spring using v1.21.0.4, so I don't know if it has been corrected since.

Road Trip,
Do you have a resource for factory reset of a 2020 BOOM GTS system? I had a corrupt USB or iso file when I was trying to update the entire system and now it is stuck at package 2 of 7. When it gets past that it stops and tells me to retry. Been fussing with this for 2 days now.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

-ROMAD

ROMAD

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2021, 08:38:49 PM »

Read below to see how I overcame a possible factory reset on my 2021 BOOM GTS system:
This is exactly what I did. I went through 3 different USB drives til I found the right combination. USB 1.0 was too slow I guess to perform the update and froze. USB 2.0 had both the system and dealer location update files on it as did the USB 3.0 drive. All failed after package 2 giving me and error message that said my update was interrupted and I needed to place the selector in the ACC position, reinsert my USB, and select retry. All were USB drives were formatted Fat32.

Final option was what Road Trip mentioned. With only the system swdl_boombox_GTS_DOM.iso on it (only 6 packages to update) I was able to complete the update and overcome a blank non-functional screen - FINALLY!! As soon as it hit the 3rd package I knew I was home free.

So the procedures I used on my 2021 BOOM GTS system was:
1. Format the USB drive with exFat format (tried Fat32 and it didn't work).
2. Downloaded a fresh swdl_boombox_GTS_DOM.zip file from https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/content/document/view?id=1476231221942946063
3. Extracted the swdl_boombox_GTS_DOM.iso from the zip file and copied just it to the USB 3.0 thumb drive.
4. Turned bike switch to ACC.
5. Inserted the USB 3.0 drive and...

System automatically recognized the file on the USB drive and started the update of 6 packages.
Update completed and the system went to the main display and all is well. Worked like a charm.
It's a beautiful thing to see.

I hope this helps someone else avoid what I had to go through.

-ROMAD
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.