Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDF Fender Mounting Options  (Read 2399 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
FXDF Fender Mounting Options
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »

Hi Guys,
 I am closing in on finishing my custom FXDF wide glide front end. I have CCE 49mm billet trees that are FXDF or FXDWG width. I beleive they are the same. I have new chromed FXDF dual disk lower legs with FXDWG length fork tubes. I have CCE fender bracket but the center to center of the mouting ears on the lower legs are different???
The FXDF center to center on the mounting ears are 1.5" but the brackets I have have 1" center to center. I was told that the FatBob had more space between holes due to the larger fender and the Wide-Glide had less because of the smaller fender. Can any one get a decent measurement on their fender mounting holes center to center and maybe measurements of the Wide-Glide center to center ? This is scaring me now it makes me wonder about my 2000 style brake calipers if they will work. My bike must be finnished in two weeks for trip to mountains.
Thanks Guys,
Ltank

GILLY

Re: FXDF Fender Mounting Options
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »

I hope I understood your question...I measured my wife's FXDWG front fender mounting holes and they're 2-3/4" center to center. She has a 2001 FXDLR with a wide glide front end. The FXDL fender is attached with some spacers I made that drop the fender closer to the tire. The center to center distance is the same on the FXDLR and the FXDWG.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: FXDF Fender Mounting Options
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »

Thanks for the info but the 49mm front ends both mounting holes are on the rear of the sliders vertically.
The other front ends mounting holes are fore/aft of the sliders.
Thanks
Ltank

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.