Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TAKING OUT THE BATTERY OUT OF MY FXDFSE2...rookie question  (Read 4474 times)

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

TAKING OUT THE BATTERY OUT OF MY FXDFSE2...rookie question
« on: August 21, 2014, 04:02:53 PM »

Sorry about the newbie question, and I don't have an owners manual yet as I just got it delivered last week. I might have to test and/or replace the batter. My question is do you take out the battery by taking off the seat, then unscrewing the two top screws on the right side right under the seat, and then slide out the cover and the battery? or is there a way to take out the battery without taking off the seat. On my dyna superglide, I had to unloosing the bolts on the side near the key ignition housing, but since I am not familiar on the CVO, thought I would ask here. Thanks.

MLS59

Re: TAKING OUT THE BATTERY OUT OF MY FXDFSE2...rookie question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 04:32:49 PM »

Take the cover off the right side by removing the screw located on the bottom side. The cover hooks over 2 tabs on top so raise it just a little and it should come off. Battery terminals and the rubber strap are easy to access then.

Good luck

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 05:01:14 PM »

Take the cover off the right side by removing the screw located on the bottom side. The cover hooks over 2 tabs on top so raise it just a little and it should come off. Battery terminals and the rubber strap are easy to access then.

Good luck

Thank you for your quick reply, sounds easy enough. Thanks.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

do you have the hd audible alarm on your bike?  if you do, before you disconnect that battery you're gonna want to turn your ignition on, then remove the maxi fuse.  you can then shut it all down and remove your battery.  if you don't then your bike is gonna be screaming at you....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:33:40 PM »

do you have the hd audible alarm on your bike?  if you do, before you disconnect that battery you're gonna want to turn your ignition on, then remove the maxi fuse.  you can then shut it all down and remove your battery.  if you don't then your bike is gonna be screaming at you....

thanks, the dealer told me that before I changed it out. Thanks guys

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 22 queries.