Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Additional addornments for the Convertible  (Read 10012 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Additional addornments for the Convertible
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »

hey porky what holds the chrome cap on and can you file or cut a slot in the cap to go over the mount
Sky, since you just joined, is it safe to make the assumption that you have a 2011 and not a 2010??  The answer to your question is underneath the cap (on the bottom, near the outside, or whatever, there is a small allen screw that screws tightly to the bolt that the cap is covering up.  Now if you have a 2010, my method will result in a beautiful, professional job when through.  However, if you have a 2011, you can take the brackets from the 2010 and place them directly on the 2011 however..................always a caveat, huh???..........the black brackets will stick out about a half inch or so and does not look (on close inspection) as good a job as on the 2010.  It is because of how the saddlebag brackets hook up.  Have not figured out just how to carve things so they will fit flush but as spring is here, I can now spend a few moments in deep thought........or several months in a daze..........and work on that.   But that should answer your question.   Pork.

skyhi1

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »

thanks i have a 2010, just to make sure i got this right i want to file the bracket to fit flush to the cap and that wil keep the floorboards from rotating. i installed the same kit on my heritage in 09 but didnt have to worry about the caps
FOR THOSE WHO FOUGHT FOR IT. FREEDOM HAS A RING THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »

I believe you didn't have to worry about the caps because you didn't have any caps.  The brackets fit around the bolt head on your heritage but because you have these chrome caps now, they are larger so you must carve out a little from the bracket so they will fit flush around the caps.  make sense?    It is not really difficult, just a little time consuming and just have to be very careful not to take off too much.  Also, on the back side of the bracket you have to dish it out a little as well, so you don't booger up the face of those fancy painted inserts.   Pork.

skyhi1

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »

thanks pork looks like it will be my weekend project how strong are those caps, my bike is in the toyhauler we just got back from Daytona, so its not going back in the basement, its almost getting warm enough to ride

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:41 PM »

Skihi1, I have the rumble collection passenger footpads, pans, and all the mounting kit. Still new. Let me know if you would like to purchase.
Live To Win!

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »

Skihi1, I have the rumble collection passenger footpads, pans, and all the mounting kit. Still new. Let me know if you would like to purchase.
Now, this is how deals are struck!

skyhi1

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 10:53:32 AM »

i'm interested, is it buy one get one free? ;D

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 02:26:45 PM »

FOR THOSE WHO FOUGHT FOR IT. FREEDOM HAS A RING THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW ;D
The protected will know if they take some time out of their selfish schedules to think about why they are protected and free when so many from other countries are not; and why they are able to continue to speak their native tongue!        And thankyou for your service!!!      Pork.

ironpony

• Ironpony
  • 2011 Soft tail convertivble CVO

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »

Gamma 742...

I purchased the HD mustache bar for my 2011 ...looks fine and seems to go with the "lines" of the bike very well .... Lindy has a similar bar, but the position of that bar is quite close to the break pedal on right side ... regards, ben
Retired Army Colonel .. former Medevac pilot ... now fly a 2004 Cirrus SR-22G2 and ride a 2011 Softail convertible CVO ... Pony up!

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:28 PM »

Your HD mustache bar looks great on your convertible.  I have the exact bike you do including the color and I have the Lindby Linbar engine guard on mine.  I don't have the problem of the break pedal being close to the engine guard that you referred to.  I chose the Lindby because I thought that it matched the handlebars on the 2011 convertible extremely well.

Etudeguy

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:22 AM »

I have those crash bars but have put some additional pegs on for resting my legs on long journeys

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 03:24:32 PM »

Gamma 742...

I purchased the HD mustache bar for my 2011 ...looks fine and seems to go with the "lines" of the bike very well .... Lindy has a similar bar, but the position of that bar is quite close to the break pedal on right side ... regards, ben

I checked my Lindby Linbar engine guard again and I remember now there is a spacer that is placed between the top attachment of the frame and the Lindby Linbar  guard.  When I contacted Lindby to purchase the Linbar guard I told them it was for a Convertible and either they sent me that spacer or I got one at my local H-D dealership.  I'm not have any problems with the break pedal being anywhere to close to the engine guard.

The Lindby Linbar really looks good with the 2011 handlebars!

Etudeguy

ironpony

• Ironpony
  • 2011 Soft tail convertivble CVO

• CVO1: FLSTSE2
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »

Etudeguy...

I totally agree with you regarding the looks of the Lindby bar and its match to the handelbars ... I purchased the HD bars because I saw a 2010 Convertible with Lindby and noted the close proximity to the brake pedal ... your news clears that up ...perhaps what I saw on the 2010 was a "crash bar" that was not exactly correct for the soft tail frame ...or perhaps the CVO Soft Tails have a different mount on the frame ...in any case, I like your choice of color for your SE Soft Tail Convertible ... someone has referred to it on this site as a "maple" one whatever you call it, in the sunshine it is very pretty ... regards, ben
Retired Army Colonel .. former Medevac pilot ... now fly a 2004 Cirrus SR-22G2 and ride a 2011 Softail convertible CVO ... Pony up!

etudeguy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »

Ben
My wife refers to the color of ours, Maple Metallic, as "Root Beer" and I kinda like that. 

Etudeguy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 24 queries.