Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 - An Odd first post...  (Read 3253 times)

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
2011 - An Odd first post...
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

So my 2010 is just about to turn four weeks old, and yes I do like it, but now I'm looking at the 2011 changes and they're a little more than I expected.  So ... the funny question of the day is, should I / we be jealous?  It's early to tell, but it looks like the two tough changes to replicate are cruise and abs.
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
Re: 2011 - An Odd first post...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »

a little more "gingle" in your pocket too I hope? 
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

dll,

It depends on what you like. Having seen the 2011 I am not crazy about the overall look. If I had to choose again I would still take my 2010 despite the new goodies.

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

New bars, bags, +1 in. ground clearance, ABS and Cruise standard for $1400 more? I guess it's what you like or need. Personally I have no use for ABS and I wouldn't use cruise very much at all, but I sure like the new bars and bags. But it doesn't come in Inferno Orange so I wouldn't want it anyway.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:43:41 PM by ezpgh »

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 03:41:19 PM »

New bars, bags, ABS and Cruise standard for $1400 more? I guess it's what you like or need. Personally I have no use for ABS and I wouldn't use cruise very much at all, but I sure like the new bars and bags. All in all i'm glad I have the Inferno Orange.

I would have been in complete agreement before I attained those options, but now after having them

the ABS has saved my butt a couple times that I ended up daydreaming and had to stop fast.

I am not saying I could not have made the same stop if I was attentive,

The ABS saved me because I let myself be distracted and I grabbed a fistfull (and footfull) of brake.

Now the cruise control was one of those items I thought was the silliest options that I questioned the wisdom of actually using it.

I use all of the time and leave it on constantly, a flip of the resume and I have use of my right hand.

I would not buy a touring bike without those 2 options now.

Amazing how I once thought a radio was a distraction that I did not need!

I would write that check without blinking an eye..........

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

I am of the opinion that cruise control is the best invention since bikes were invented. 

Joe
Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

You know, I rode 2675 miles to and from Sturgis a week ago and didn't have cc and was able to make it ok.  However, this weekend I rode 500 miles over and thru the Seattle/Tacoma area and several times my right wrist was wanting to get off my arm and rest for a while.  And let's not forget the 5+ speed limit ticket I got 3 weeks ago while riding thru the outskirts of a congested area above Spokane where the speed limit changes a few times while you are trying to negotiate around the cars that should be keeping the lion's share of your attention.  I believe with cc one can maintain the proper speed and not become the center of the Stater's attention.  At least your speed shouldn't be the first thing that puts you in the bull's eye.  I have become a believer in cc on cars; why should a m/c be any different?  Pork.

fastbikedroid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:34:24 PM »

Now that I have cruise I find that I do use it .. not so much for long highway than just when I'm "cruising" on some of the longer country roads where I know I have a ways to go without a stop, still hand on throttle, just using it as an assist. 

You know, I rode 2675 miles to and from Sturgis a week ago and didn't have cc and was able to make it ok.  However, this weekend I rode 500 miles over and thru the Seattle/Tacoma area and several times my right wrist was wanting to get off my arm and rest for a while.  And let's not forget the 5+ speed limit ticket I got 3 weeks ago while riding thru the outskirts of a congested area above Spokane where the speed limit changes a few times while you are trying to negotiate around the cars that should be keeping the lion's share of your attention.  I believe with cc one can maintain the proper speed and not become the center of the Stater's attention.  At least your speed shouldn't be the first thing that puts you in the bull's eye.  I have become a believer in cc on cars; why should a m/c be any different?  Pork.
-------------------
'10 BMW R1200Rt
'11 SESG / FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
Previously '10 FLSTSE

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »

You guys are forgetting about the sound system.  I thought that's why everyone would want to trade!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »

You guys are forgetting about the sound system.  I thought that's why everyone would want to trade!!

I have added stereos on several bikes before and everyone of them looked better than what they added to the '11's. Stereo in saddlebag and a marine speaker in each with switch on bars. I would be tempted to trade for the new bars and fly by wire, but nothing else on them interest me at all. BTW, the additional 1" ground clearence is a farse.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »

I have added stereos on several bikes before and everyone of them looked better than what they added to the '11's. Stereo in saddlebag and a marine speaker in each with switch on bars. I would be tempted to trade for the new bars and fly by wire, but nothing else on them interest me at all. BTW, the additional 1" ground clearence is a farse.
EZ
I was joking about the sound system. Actually Harley has a couple of after market ones available in the new parts catalog. I wouldn't trade my 2010 for anything now. I've got it just the way I like it.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »

So my 2010 is just about to turn four weeks old, and yes I do like it, but now I'm looking at the 2011 changes and they're a little more than I expected.  So ... the funny question of the day is, should I / we be jealous?  It's early to tell, but it looks like the two tough changes to replicate are cruise and abs.

A newer one is always an option.
But it would be easier to go to the bathroom and flush 5K$ down the toilet!

;)

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.