• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
Re: New TV
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »

Sweet glad you are enjoying the RV life!
Mikey
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 11:39:21 AM »

Sweet glad you are enjoying the RV life!
Mikey

How's retirement treating you?  Now you can full time those very cool classic two wheelers you've been collecting... :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 11:46:03 AM »

7th is 1-1
8-9-10 are OD's

Watching the shift selector indicator on the left side of the instrument panel, on normal take-offs it seems to skip a gear or two down low, like 1st to 3rd, then 5th really fast.  I believe that 1st gear is around a 4.27 ratio, or close to that.  Add that to the 3.55 driveline gears and you've got a stump puller for sure.  Should get my RV moving smoothly and quickly if needed.

I will say this thing chits and gets and is SO smooth!  Very much enjoying it so far.  I will be hooking up the RV as soon as I have the new B&W companion base for the Ford OEM puck system.  Why couldn't all of the big three decide to do the same pattern for their pucks, but NO, they had to have their own special spacing... :(  Our first tow trip will be mid April from the greater St. Louis MO area up to the Des Moines IA area for the grand daughter's birthday party.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 03:08:53 PM »

Watching the shift selector indicator on the left side of the instrument panel, on normal take-offs it seems to skip a gear or two down low, like 1st to 3rd, then 5th really fast.  I believe that 1st gear is around a 4.27 ratio, or close to that.  Add that to the 3.55 driveline gears and you've got a stump puller for sure.  Should get my RV moving smoothly and quickly if needed.

I will say this thing chits and gets and is SO smooth!  Very much enjoying it so far.  I will be hooking up the RV as soon as I have the new B&W companion base for the Ford OEM puck system.  Why couldn't all of the big three decide to do the same pattern for their pucks, but NO, they had to have their own special spacing... :(  Our first tow trip will be mid April from the greater St. Louis MO area up to the Des Moines IA area for the grand daughter's birthday party.

I don't know if the 350 and 450 have the same ratios, I think they do. 2020 0ver the 2019 6 speed is significant, 1st gear is 3.** compared to 4.**. Same with reverse. The reverse ratio is huge and should be great for backing up 5th wheels. I haven't really noticed any gear skipping yet. Supposedly when cold it will skop 4th and 6th. In tow haul it should not skip at all.

I have a 450 with the 430 rear and it does a fine job pulling our 23K trailer. 1st big trip coming up in May for a real test.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 01:36:05 PM »

I don't know if the 350 and 450 have the same ratios, I think they do. 2020 0ver the 2019 6 speed is significant, 1st gear is 3.** compared to 4.**. Same with reverse. The reverse ratio is huge and should be great for backing up 5th wheels. I haven't really noticed any gear skipping yet. Supposedly when cold it will skop 4th and 6th. In tow haul it should not skip at all.

I have a 450 with the 430 rear and it does a fine job pulling our 23K trailer. 1st big trip coming up in May for a real test.

Thanks Duane!

Our '12 RAM 1 ton dually did an okay job with the Raptor 43' toy hauler, but at over 28k# for the truck and RV, I was over my capacity by around 5k#.  Although my per axle weights were just a few pounds under the placard limits on the door jam.  Maybe legal, but definitely not right with that much of a load.

I see conflicting numbers for gross combined weight on the new F350, but 33k# to 35k# seems to be the range.  With reserve capacity now, I feel a LOT better.  My first haul this year is coming up.  We'll be leaving the greater St. Louis MO area for the Des Moines IA for our grand daughter's birthday part.  I'll report back on the trip and let you all know how happy I'll probably be... :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 23 queries.