CVO Social > Other Topics

4 pt/tour pak latch issue - help

(1/1)

tlr:
I can not seem to latch my new tour pak onto the 4 pt latching piece. It is impossible to turn the latches when trying to connect. I have rotated them as well as spun them around. I almost want to take a dremel to it and I really don’t want to take it to a dealer. On past bikes it has always been tight but with some pressure I could install and remove pretty easily. Any help would be appreciated.

Ted

OBB:
Have you tried loosening the collars on the 4pt docking hardware? They are like a cam. Try loosening them and then setting the TP on it. They should spin. Once it drops on, tighten the screws holding the collar.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: OBB on April 06, 2024, 08:16:09 AM ---Have you tried loosening the collars on the 4pt docking hardware? They are like a cam. Try loosening them and then setting the TP on it. They should spin. Once it drops on, tighten the screws holding the collar.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly the way its supposed to be done.  On my 23.5 it's what I did and they are still very tight to open and close.

tlr:
Thanks a lot guys. I played with it for quite awhile. Finally got it to latch in. Not sure why it needs to be a cam shape. Still very tight but at least it’s not going anywhere. Appreciate the help.

OBB:

--- Quote from: tlr on April 07, 2024, 11:12:07 AM ---Thanks a lot guys. I played with it for quite awhile. Finally got it to latch in. Not sure why it needs to be a cam shape. Still very tight but at least it’s not going anywhere. Appreciate the help.

--- End quote ---
Glad you got it figured out. I think they're cam shaped to allow for tolerance differences between the devices they're holding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version