Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Drive belt snapped on my 19 CVO RG 528 miles..  (Read 1061 times)

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Drive belt snapped on my 19 CVO RG 528 miles..
« on: September 01, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

My drive belt snapped on my new CVO RG this past Thursday evening with only 528 miles on it!!! I was at a local H-D dealership party with 300-400 bikes this past Thursday evening, of course my bike was one of the most expensive there and the ONLY one that didn’t leave!!!! Grrrr. I was pulling out of the parking lot and went to take off and the belt broke, of course I was on the gas but not doing any Burnouts or anything crazy.... Everyone there could not believe the belt broke including the master tech...  We checked it out for the possibility of maybe a stone getting stuck in there, not the case.. The belt just basically ripped apart... I was told I couldn’t keep the belt because MOCO was taking it back for inspection and test..I was also told NOT to post any pictures of it or I could lose my warranty????? Good news is I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon and it was covered under warranty for faulty belt.. ALMOST 850$ dollars for the entire job!!!! Just WOW!!! Now I’m nervous about going on any long trips on the bike!! Sumping, Broken belts, what else do I have to worry about on a 45,000 thousand dollar bike!!!!!

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: Drive belt snapped on my 19 CVO RG 528 miles..
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 12:07:45 PM »

File too big to post the service bill they completed??? Want to post it for you guys to see!!

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 12:35:31 PM »

That's a bummer. I guess on the plus side was at the dealer when it went.  :nixweiss:

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 12:49:31 PM »

Extremely rare for that to happen. Very unfortunate but put it in the rear view and move forward.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 12:57:55 PM »

I was also told NOT to post any pictures of it or I could lose my warranty?????
I'm raising the BS flag on that.  They have no legal authority to prohibit you from posting what you want, and none to cancel your warranty for it.  Tell their "lot lawyer" he will face legal action for blackmail.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »

Def glad it happened at the dealer. The best thing was witnesses to the event...I had a stator go out as I passed my hometown dealer on the highway heading for Laconia years back. Pulled in and had it diagnosed, bought the parts, trailered it home and fixed it myself. We were back on the road the next morning.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 05:13:27 PM »

My drive belt snapped on my new CVO RG this past Thursday evening with only 528 miles on it!!! I was at a local H-D dealership party with 300-400 bikes this past Thursday evening, of course my bike was one of the most expensive there and the ONLY one that didn’t leave!!!! Grrrr. I was pulling out of the parking lot and went to take off and the belt broke, of course I was on the gas but not doing any Burnouts or anything crazy.... Everyone there could not believe the belt broke including the master tech...  We checked it out for the possibility of maybe a stone getting stuck in there, not the case.. The belt just basically ripped apart... I was told I couldn’t keep the belt because MOCO was taking it back for inspection and test..I was also told NOT to post any pictures of it or I could lose my warranty????? Good news is I picked my bike up yesterday afternoon and it was covered under warranty for faulty belt.. ALMOST 850$ dollars for the entire job!!!! Just WOW!!! Now I’m nervous about going on any long trips on the bike!! Sumping, Broken belts, what else do I have to worry about on a 45,000 thousand dollar bike!!!!!

Any part can have a flaw, unfortunately you managed to get one of the very few bad belts I've ever heard of but on the bright side it failed while you were at a dealership and not out on the highway in the boondocks.

As for that comment about not posting anything, please don't believe BS artists.  They cannot void your warranty for posting information or photo's of defects, and I'm amazed dealerships still have these kind of jerks and fools on their payrolls.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.