Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR exhaust and cam  (Read 2291 times)

99 Blue flame

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue flame
FXR exhaust and cam
« on: July 13, 2021, 07:55:45 PM »

Does anyone know what camshaft was in the 1999 FXR3? I was told today by a shop owner that he thought they came with an SE3 cam. Not the standard cam for the evo's.

Also a question about exhaust. What will fit my FXR3?  I have seen posts where people say twin cam exhaust will fit an EVO. Also some people have put Dyna exhaust on FXR's. How much modification is necessary if any?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: FXR exhaust and cam
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »

Does anyone know what camshaft was in the 1999 FXR3? I was told today by a shop owner that he thought they came with an SE3 cam. Not the standard cam for the evo's.

Also a question about exhaust. What will fit my FXR3?  I have seen posts where people say twin cam exhaust will fit an EVO. Also some people have put Dyna exhaust on FXR's. How much modification is necessary if any?

Nothing special about the cam.  24586-93.  Same cam used on non-California Evos for a long time on a lot of bikes.  Don't remember what years or models but California models did get something different.

The exhaust options will vary.  Different aftermarket manufacturers don't always do things the same way.  On the rare occasions I've had to screw the FXR exhaust in the last 20 years have always been able to make options for Dyna work.  Sometimes have to tweak things a bit or fab a bracket.  But they're a good starting point.

99 Blue flame

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue flame
Re: FXR exhaust and cam
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:31:45 AM »

Thank you for the information.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.