Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2000 FXR4 Value  (Read 3544 times)

Rob S.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

2000 FXR4 Value
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:53:20 PM »

So about a year ago a friend of mine died and I acquired a 2000 FXR4 that is in absolutely awesome shape. You would have to know Mike (the prior owner), but he was an engineer that was beyond anal retentive (even by engineer standards). He kept it on a battery charger, cleaned it with a toothbrush if it got dusty under it's cover, scowled at any of us that looked at it in an unloving way, and for the most part used it as a hangar ornament sitting next to a few other FXR's and his plane (which if you know pilots, they are on a whole different level of anal retentive beyond engineers).  From the service records (which go back to 2008), I know he took it into the Harley dealer to have everything that they could find wrong meticulously fixed (seals etc...)- so that it would be perfect.  I can also see that he he added saddlebags, a windshield, and a bag behind the seat.

So... here begins the problem.  I'm almost 6'5 and the bike doesn't fit me very well. PLUS, I'm reading about how these things are super rare and museum pieces (for some), and now I don't want to really ride it because I don't want to devalue it (if it really is that special).  So... now it sits in my hangar as a ornament (which it is absolutely awesome at doing at by the way), and I look at it wondering what to do, while my wife complains when I ride my other bike.  Some of you will say, ride it and enjoy it (even though it doesn't fit).  Some may say, keep it and watch it go up in value.  Others of you may say it is sacrilege for someone like me to own it (this is my first Harley) and I should be ashamed of myself, and sell it to someone that knows better, will really appreciate it, love it, and fits on it.  My wife is in favor of the last of those scenarios.

Because I try and be a good husband, I go online, and try to find what they sell for, and it seems these bikes are the something akin to a unicorn of Harley's, and I can't find anything about what they are really worth.  Most of the old sale information is beyond 8 years old.  The only thing I can find is that these are apparently very cool.  So as I make a decision about whether to sell it or stare at it, I'm trying to get some honest insight from someone that isn't trying to take it off of my hands for a steal.  It has just over 24K miles on it, but there isn't a scratch to be found. Any help with a ballpark on the value would be much appreciated.  It is the Yellow Pearl version (#338 of 644 Yellow Pearl FXR4's) if the picture on this post doesn't go through for some reason.  Thanks in advance.

99 Blue flame

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue flame
Re: 2000 FXR4 Value
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 09:09:37 AM »

Well, Value has a lot to do with location. Also, with how bad a buyer wants one. I don't have an FXR4. But I do now own an FXR3. I bought the bike in my avatar 4 months ago with 4054 original miles from the second owner. It's one of 300 blue flame FXR3's built. Everyone that looks at it says it looks brand new. I have put a few miles short of 2000 on it since I have owned it. I paid $10,000.00 for it. Which is a GREAT deal. It does have forward controls on it, which would make a huge difference for you to ride yours. I bought mine to enjoy. So my goal is to wear it out before I die. Good luck in whatever choice you make.

Rob S.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 11:05:11 AM »

Motorcycles appreciate only the affection they are given through use.  You don't want a bored motorcycles.  They're like puppies.  They may stay clean and pretty but they'll pee all over the rug.

Mine get used much less than they used to.  I'm worried about the rugs.

LOL!  That's awesome...  I do take it out for very short walks around the block every few weeks, but I really should play ball with it more if I decide to keep it.

Rob S.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »

Well, Value has a lot to do with location. Also, with how bad a buyer wants one. I don't have an FXR4. But I do now own an FXR3. I bought the bike in my avatar 4 months ago with 4054 original miles from the second owner. It's one of 300 blue flame FXR3's built. Everyone that looks at it says it looks brand new. I have put a few miles short of 2000 on it since I have owned it. I paid $10,000.00 for it. Which is a GREAT deal. It does have forward controls on it, which would make a huge difference for you to ride yours. I bought mine to enjoy. So my goal is to wear it out before I die. Good luck in whatever choice you make.

I checked the records and it looks like they put Drag Specialties forward controls on it back in 2013.  So it is rideable for me.  Just not super comfortable.  For others that may be trying to help the bike is in Colorado.  Thanks for the insight on your pricing.

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 24 queries.