Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42140 times)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »

Howie,

Great looking bars :huepfenjump3:.  Love the inner primary cover too!  Good thinking on replacing the starter with chrome since she was coming out anyway. :2vrolijk_21:

Now, if you could just get rid of those slip-ons ;D  Just kidding dude.  Not my style, but I love the way the bike looks.

BTW, how many miles did you have on her when the issues with the starter developed?
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2007, 07:05:48 PM »

Howie,

Great looking bars :huepfenjump3:.  Love the inner primary cover too!  Good thinking on replacing the starter with chrome since she was coming out anyway. :2vrolijk_21:

Now, if you could just get rid of those slip-ons ;D  Just kidding dude.  Not my style, but I love the way the bike looks.

BTW, how many miles did you have on her when the issues with the starter developed?

Hey John, thanks a lot. The bike had just under 500 miles on it. No way of knowing when it broke, as it was starting OK, and no weird noises. I changed my Primary Oil (with the other fluids too) at about the 500 mi. mark. One of the teeth was stuck on the magnetic drain plug. That's how we caught it. There should be no issues with bikes built after Feb, '07. It's the early ones to keep an eye on. You should be fine. How're liking the new bike? Best of luck with it John! Take care. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2007, 07:10:06 PM »

It all looks great Howie.  But those bars are a really good look on that bike.  Very nice indeed.  Now the important question; how do they feel to the arms, wrists, back and shoulders?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »

It all looks great Howie.  But those bars are a really good look on that bike.  Very nice indeed.  Now the important question; how do they feel to the arms, wrists, back and shoulders?

Thanks Don. They are absolutely perfect. I've run Chrome Dyna Wide Glide Bars on all my previous RK's. I use Flanders Street Bars on 6" Risers on my 4-speed. This is the riding position I'm used to. I feel like I'm riding a motorcycle again, not a Schwinn! The difference with bars like this is on slow, tight turns you have to muscle it a little more. But you get used to it. As for riding position, there's nothing better. For me, anyway! These bars have my hands just below my shoulders and when I close my eyes and reach out, my hands go right to the grips! Perfect!!! Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »

Thanks Don. They are absolutely perfect. I've run Chrome Dyna Wide Glide Bars on all my previous RK's. I use Flanders Street Bars on 6" Risers on my 4-speed. This is the riding position I'm used to. I feel like I'm riding a motorcycle again, not a Schwinn! The difference with bars like this is on slow, tight turns you have to muscle it a little more. But you get used to it. As for riding position, there's nothing better. For me, anyway! These bars have my hands just below my shoulders and when I close my eyes and reach out, my hands go right to the grips! Perfect!!! Hoist!

That sounds great Howie.  It's a lot of being what we're used to.  The muscles get trained to be in spot.  On my Road Kings before I'd never done apes.  But always did a bar from Flanders that "cruised" for me.  On the SEEG I was lucky that the 575 bar put me back in an almost identical position.  Like you said buddy, just what I used to.

(Can't wait til Hot Springs and riding me a SERK !!)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #350 on: April 24, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »

Howie,
Glad you got her back!  Everything looks great.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to "break" the internals so I can get "free labor" and replace black stuff with shiny stuff (right Gary?), while I can't ride  :(...
Enjoy friend.  Really sad you had all the problems, but fortunate that stuff was still covered under the you know what.
Get some time in the seat and let us know how she's doing.
So, when you going to paint the a$$-end of those SPO's???
Be safe,
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #351 on: April 24, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »

Hey Don, you won't be trying a SERK3 then, it'll be a Hot Rodded version of HD's Hot Rod SERK! ::) But since you have a Hot Rodded SEEG, you should feel right at home!

Hey Tony, thanks a lot. Now don't go breaking something, just to get the shiny stuff. Bad Karma man! But when it does happen, it gives you options. Nothing like free labor to put parts on that you wanted anyway! You're bike was built after they found and fixed the Ring Gear hardening issues. So don't count on it breaking. I wish mine didn't break, but everything worked out for the best. And yes you're right, I have to pick up some Black Stove Paint and take care of those baffle ends.

Hoist! 8)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #352 on: April 24, 2007, 08:23:10 PM »

Lookin good Howie. Any extra SE name plates????

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »

Lookin good Howie. Any extra SE name plates????

Thanks sky! I ordered one set. It came in about 3 days and was less than 5 bucks. The P/N is 29517-07A. You should be able to order them easy. They don't come with new screws, so be careful removing the old ones. You can strip the heads of the screws real easy if you're not careful! Take care. Hoist! 8)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:44 PM »

Thanks sky! I ordered one set. It came in about 3 days and was less than 5 bucks. The P/N is 29517-07A. You should be able to order them easy. They don't come with new screws, so be careful removing the old ones. You can strip the heads of the screws real easy if you're not careful! Take care. Hoist! 8)
Thanks for the SE name plate part#s
I see you left out the chrome intake EFI cover when you put on your air cleaner?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

Thanks for the SE name plate part#s
I see you left out the chrome intake EFI cover when you put on your air cleaner?

I like chrome parts, but I'm not much on covers sky. But I did buy the rear belt sprocket cover. And that's hidden. So, I'm actually just as sick as the rest of you! ;D Hoist! 8)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2007, 09:06:14 PM »

I like chrome parts, but I'm not much on covers sky. But I did buy the rear belt sprocket cover. And that's hidden. So, I'm actually just as sick as the rest of you! ;D Hoist! 8)
Have ya seen the cover on a bike? I'm not much on covers either but this one is cheap and covers the ugly wires and EFI.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2007, 09:17:35 PM »

Have ya seen the cover on a bike? I'm not much on covers either but this one is cheap and covers the ugly wires and EFI.

Actually I haven't. Is it an HD part? Do you have the P/N. I briefly tried finding it the P&A Catalog, but haven't anything. It's not listed under a normal name I would think of for it. ::) How about a link? So much for no covers, huh! ;D Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »

Actually I haven't. Is it an HD part? Do you have the P/N. I briefly tried finding it the P&A Catalog, but haven't anything. It's not listed under a normal name I would think of for it. ::) How about a link? So much for no covers, huh! ;D Hoist! 8)
Bling, bling, here you go...

EFI Intake Manifold Cover P/N 27483-07A

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #359 on: April 24, 2007, 09:41:08 PM »

Bling, bling, here you go...

EFI Intake Manifold Cover P/N 27483-07A

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Damn, I like that! I thought I caught everything. I guess not. Thanks guys. This is the last Zanotti's for awhile. What else did I miss? ::) What about the starter bracket? They put on this nice chrome starter, and there's a bracket in there that's still black. It looks out of place with the chrome starter. What else? Last call! ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.