Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42445 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »

So you finally picked one?  Is the PCIII your "final answer" after working and speaking with the dyno guy/buddy?  Or might there be different options in the future?

Final answer. That's the product he works with and is familiar with. PC is also coming out with a computer based tuning program this month to allow the computer to input the values into the cells, to cut down on the Dyno time. And that multifunction add-on allows multiple programs to reside and be switched via a button. He told me he'd install the TM, but that we'd be experimenting together. Personally, I'll use what he knows right now. That's something I'll consider down the road. Maybe when I do the cams! There'll be more time on the TM AT then too. I think this approach will be fine for now. As long as my bike runs good AFR's and runs cool, I'll be happy for now! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 09:26:04 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »

First things first Don. I received my PowerPacc and Power Vents this morning. Thanks to tigertr71 (TimBone) for a clean S&S Teardrop cover, which should show up this week. My V&H TD's should also be in this week. The S&S SPO's are here already. So is the True-Track. When the pipes and A/C cover arrive, I'll get the bike in for this stuff and installation of the PCIII USB. They also make a multifunction LCD display accessory hub for the PC, which allows multiple maps and map switching for let's say, performance and economy modes, or whatever maps you'd like to switch between. It also has a cool LCD display which can be programmed for different output displays. I think I'll put the PC under the right cover with the ECM, and the Aux PC unit under the left cover. I don't want it on a handlebar mount, as I don't see switching back and forth that often. This device looks pretty slick. I might not install the Aux unit until the 1K mile WOT Dyno-tune, but do plan on it. So the next report should be with this stuff installed and pics to go with them! ;) Hoist! 8)

Hoist,

Lookin' good buddy. I'm confused a bit about the economy map -vs- performance map. It sounds good from 50 feet away, but in thinking about it more, I don't get it.

I would think I'd be looking for economy, i.e. leaner running, on the slab in cruise configuration, let's say 10 - 15% throttle and 2,500 - 3,000 RPM. YMMV. Now, performance would be for more heavy-handed riding, say 40% and up throttle and 2,500 - 6,000 RPM.

My question is: When would you want a 15% throttle performance setting and when would you want a WOT economy setting? To me, the answer is never.

Am I missing something here? I'm sure Power Commander saw a need for the dual-map feature so they developed the accessory hub, but I don't see it. What am I missing?

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »

Hoist,

Lookin' good buddy. I'm confused a bit about the economy map -vs- performance map. It sounds good from 50 feet away, but in thinking about it more, I don't get it.

I would think I'd be looking for economy, i.e. leaner running, on the slab in cruise configuration, let's say 10 - 15% throttle and 2,500 - 3,000 RPM. YMMV. Now, performance would be for more heavy-handed riding, say 40% and up throttle and 2,500 - 6,000 RPM.

My question is: When would you want a 15% throttle performance setting and when would you want a WOT economy setting? To me, the answer is never.

Am I missing something here? I'm sure Power Commander saw a need for the dual-map feature so they developed the accessory hub, but I don't see it. What am I missing?

Chief

Chief, that's just an example. It could be used for trips where you'd want a leaner program for higher altitudes or any application you can think of where you might want a second map residing, to be able to switch to. I'm not too familiar with it yet. The PC website talks about it, but I haven't researched yet. He showed it to me on Saturday and it looked interesting! I need to look into it further. ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »

Chief, that's just an example. It could be used for trips where you'd want a leaner program for higher altitudes or any application you can think of where you might want a second map residing, to be able to switch to. I'm not too familiar with it yet. The PC website talks about it, but I haven't researched yet. He showed it to me on Saturday and it looked interesting! I need to look into it further. ;) Hoist! 8)

The ECM, regardless of whether you run a PCIII or SERT, or nothing at all,  compensates for altitude as is.  There is no need for another MAP in that application, IMO.

I'm not really sure what a good application for this would be, other than it's a good monitoring device to see what's happening while riding as opposed to hooking a laptop up....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »

The ECM, regardless of whether you run a PCIII or SERT, or nothing at all,  compensates for altitude as is.  There is no need for another MAP in that application, IMO.

I'm not really sure what a good application for this would be, other than it's a good monitoring device to see what's happening while riding as opposed to hooking a laptop up....

You've got me thinking now TC. Might be a good tool for diagnosing a problem on the road, for instance decel popping, you could load two maps, and toggle A-B to see if it gets better or worse, kind of like going to the eye doctor.

Chief

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »

Damn! My pipes came in today and so did TimBone's S&S Air Cleaner cover I bought from him. I'm not riding in 10 deg weather just to get it tuned. I'm hoping it gets into the 20's or 30's next week and I'll get the work done. The weather's been beautiful until I got my bike! Then we get this chit! It's a conspiracy I tell ya!!! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:16:56 PM by Hoist »

hogasm

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »

Saves you on that 2 YEAR WARRANTY  there Hoist :coolblue:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2007, 07:46:38 PM »

Saves you on that 2 YEAR WARRANTY  there Hoist :coolblue:

Hey hogasm, haven't you heard F the W.....ty! I'm doing what I want. Period. I gave up on that scam! Now i'm doing what HD can't to get my bike right! I'll fight with them about it if I have to, but I'm not letting that determine my destiny anymore! ;) Hoist 8)

hogasm

« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

Well I would give you a thumbs up emoticon but I can't find it since the change.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »

Well I would give you a thumbs up emoticon but I can't find it since the change.

Thanks man! You can find it when you click "more" on the Emoticon options! :xyxthumbs: Hoist! 8)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2007, 08:18:53 PM »

Hey hogasm, haven't you heard F the W.....ty! I'm doing what I want. Period. I gave up on that scam! Now i'm doing what HD can't to get my bike right! I'll fight with them about it if I have to, but I'm not letting that determine my destiny anymore! ;) Hoist 8)

Geez, I leave town for a few days and F the W........... :o  I knew it could never last, but you did a good job of making us think it would.  So do we have to deduct all of the posts that stated you would keep the 2 Yr Warranty?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2007, 08:19:10 PM »

Hmm, and Nait said I was the one with bad eyes. ;D This one ( :2vrolijk_21: ) is right next to "This Thread Is Worthless W/O Pictures". ;)

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2007, 08:29:43 PM »

Geez, I leave town for a few days and F the W........... :o  I knew it could never last, but you did a good job of making us think it would.  So do we have to deduct all of the posts that stated you would keep the 2 Yr Warranty?

Actually I tried that but it didn't work! ;D

But to quote,

"I gave up on that scam!"

Who is it that said "the truth shall set you free"

It is what it is! :2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »

I'm aghast that you just noticed! Where you been Rog? I agree with Chip (surprise). The truth will set you free. Unfortunately it's HD's scam, not mine. I deserve a properly running motorcycle for 30 Grand! But in the end, it wasn't worth worring about. Too much stress for not enough return. Bottom line, from all my other ones before, you get it running right and it really shouldn't need w.....ty work. Minor stuff is business as usual when you own Harleys. Major problem, I'll fight with them if I have to. Right now though, getting that engine set-up right is number 1 priority! FTF, if they can't get it right, I will! ;) Hoist! 8)

PS, If we deducted all useless posts...well nevermind, nuff said!  ::)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:49:48 PM by Hoist »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2007, 08:51:38 PM »

I was in Las Vegas during Super Bowl for a convention which was from Friday to Tuesday and no I'm headed for Cabo on Saturday for a few days.

Most likely missed it since I was busy getting ready last week to hit the road.  Anyway, life will be much simpler not worrying about the 2 Yr Warranty.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.