Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42448 times)

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2007, 06:43:06 PM »

Really great to see how much you like it!  True love story...

Glad for you!

Look forward to more pics and new mods!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2007, 06:55:44 PM »

Really great to see how much you like it!  True love story...

Glad for you!

Look forward to more pics and new mods!

Thanks rubaga! I love motorcycles, and I love mine even more! My trip bike has been a RK for the past 12 years. This thing is the Ultimate Hot Rod Road King! I couldn't imagine touring getting any better than this! And when they go water-cooled, I'll be right, this will be the Ultimate Road King forever!!! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2007, 04:08:36 AM »

Next phase of mods!  I was out today for about 100 miles. This bike runs great!!! I can't imagine how good it will be when I can take it over 3500 RPM. I'll have 500 miles by the weekend and am changing all the fluids. I'm putting the good chit in. M1 V Twin (eng), Redline Shockproof Heavy (trans), and Redline MTL  (primary). I'm putting on the SS Oil Cooler Hoses. I'm ordering Wild 1 Chubby Bars WO515, 10" Apes. I needed new risers, Hyd. Lines, throttle/idle cables and need to extend the wiring. After seeing Mikey's bike in pieces, I decided to let my friends shop handle this. I also had him order the Kury floorboard extensions.He ordered the parts. I should get the fluids, SS Oil cooler lines and FB extensions done this weekend. The bars should be in for the following weekend. With any luck, the bike will be set-up perfectly for me by the trip to York!

I gotta tell you, this bike flies! You don't feel the weight at all. I haven't taken it over 3500 RPM, but you're doing 100 at 3500 in 6th! This bike wants to cruise at 100. The 88" could barely do 100 in stock form! It couldn't get out of its own way. This thing seems as fast as my hot rod '85 FXWG. At 150-200 lbs heavier, that's pretty impressive. It's still not as fast as my Pro Street, but next year with compression, headwork and cams, who knows!!!

More pics next weekend! ;) Hoist! 8)

Sounds like that CVO fever has no bounds Howie. I wish you would stop listing all this stuff as I just have to start searching around to see what you are getting and then BOOM, more money is winging it's way to the lucky manufacturers. I keep thinking I should post a thread with the list of add on and mods for my bike, but it seems a little churlish when the F****n thing still ain't in sight yet.

Lots of stuff ordered now though.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2007, 09:50:01 AM »

Sounds like that CVO fever has no bounds Howie. I wish you would stop listing all this stuff as I just have to start searching around to see what you are getting and then BOOM, more money is winging it's way to the lucky manufacturers. I keep thinking I should post a thread with the list of add on and mods for my bike, but it seems a little churlish when the F****n thing still ain't in sight yet.

Lots of stuff ordered now though.

Hey Nige, It's good you know what you want to do. Then you can just go for it when the bike comes' instead of first figuring it out. Make sure you don't spend all your "trip to NYC" money on them mods though! ::) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »

Hey Nige, It's good you know what you want to do. Then you can just go for it when the bike comes' instead of first figuring it out. Make sure you don't spend all your "trip to NYC" money on them mods though! ::) Hoist! 8)

Still tryin to figure that one out Howie. It's going to cost me £620.00 ($1100.00) to fly across the pond and then I have to find me a hotel, food and copious quantities of Bourbon while I'm there. Reckoning on about £1500.00 ($3,000.00) for a 3 night weekend. Now I have to say that it's my 50th birthday in June and Jan is all up for paying for the trip to NY, but if she does that then she won't be spending the money on my OCD habit ! Which way does a man turn ? Answers on a postcard please.

I think both would be a good idea, but then I would wouldn't I  ::)

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

I keep thinking I should post a thread with the list of add on and mods for my bike, but it seems a little churlish when the F****n thing still ain't in sight yet.

Nigel, as proud of you may be of the pile of parts waiting in pre-bike trim you're probably just a piker on comparison.  Could be mistaken.  But I think JR is still the World Champion of pre-bike adornment.  There was damn near another bike waiting for that bike when it finally arrived.  And the boy still hasn't stopped.  JR was a sick sick man.  I'm just glad I'm a lot more practical about this stuff.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »

Nigel, as proud of you may be of the pile of parts waiting in pre-bike trim you're probably just a piker on comparison.  Could be mistaken.  But I think JR is still the World Champion of pre-bike adornment.  There was damn near another bike waiting for that bike when it finally arrived.  And the boy still hasn't stopped.  JR was a sick sick man.  I'm just glad I'm a lot more practical about this stuff.

Total spew..........................

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »

Total spew..........................

rude dude ::)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2007, 11:00:38 PM »

Hey Hoist - Good job on the scoot. I just read this thread from start to finish and enjoyed the heck out of it - amazing to see how this site "family" interacts around the globe. Plus I just figured out a possible european motorcycle vacation - I'll just ship myself and bike overseas and ride. I'll sell off parts and goodies all trip long til she's back in stock form, then sell the bike, then come home with a good nut in my pocket for that 08 SERG ;D
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »

Hey Hoist - Good job on the scoot. I just read this thread from start to finish and enjoyed the heck out of it - amazing to see how this site "family" interacts around the globe. Plus I just figured out a possible european motorcycle vacation - I'll just ship myself and bike overseas and ride. I'll sell off parts and goodies all trip long til she's back in stock form, then sell the bike, then come home with a good nut in my pocket for that 08 SERG ;D

Hey ceej, thanks man! Nah, keep the SEEG too. Them parts are so expensive over there, you could buy the SERG by selling only the mods! ::) Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2007, 03:35:17 PM »

Next phase of mods!  I was out today for about 100 miles. This bike runs great!!! I can't imagine how good it will be when I can take it over 3500 RPM. I'll have 500 miles by the weekend and am changing all the fluids. I'm putting the good chit in. M1 V Twin (eng), Redline Shockproof Heavy (trans), and Redline MTL  (primary). I'm putting on the SS Oil Cooler Hoses. I'm ordering Wild 1 Chubby Bars WO515, 10" Apes. I needed new risers, Hyd. Lines, throttle/idle cables and need to extend the wiring. After seeing Mikey's bike in pieces, I decided to let my friends shop handle this. I also had him order the Kury floorboard extensions.He ordered the parts. I should get the fluids, SS Oil cooler lines and FB extensions done this weekend. The bars should be in for the following weekend. With any luck, the bike will be set-up perfectly for me by the trip to York!

I gotta tell you, this bike flies! You don't feel the weight at all. I haven't taken it over 3500 RPM, but you're doing 100 at 3500 in 6th! This bike wants to cruise at 100. The 88" could barely do 100 in stock form! It couldn't get out of its own way. This thing seems as fast as my hot rod '85 FXWG. At 150-200 lbs heavier, that's pretty impressive. It's still not as fast as my Pro Street, but next year with compression, headwork and cams, who knows!!!

More pics next weekend! ;) Hoist! 8)

Let's hope for good weather this weekend. The Wild 1's are in! 10AM Saturday! Handlebars, SS oil cooler hoses, FB Extensions, and all Fluids! I hope he has the right length cables and lines in stock, otherwise, I'll have to leave my bike there and order what's needed. We won't know what we need until it's mocked up. :nixweiss:

The passenger Floorboards are back ordered, so the whole highway peg-passenger FB thing, will have to wait a little. You guys made me feel so bad about my chrome apathy, that I treated my bike to a chrome goody too - HD Chrome Rear Master Cylinder. Woo Hoo! Chrome! ::)

So you don't need this  :worthless:  I know the drill! ;)

Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »

I'm trying not to try too hard and will be happy if I remain a Piker (what does that mean anyway ?). Original intention was just to buy a scoot that needed nothing doing to it and then ride the bejusus out of it - fat chance with you lot !

::)

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2007, 06:27:48 PM »

Needs nothing doing to it Nige? HaHaHaHaHa!

Crap, crap, crap!!! My buddy's shop was way too busy today to do the handlebars. Got there at 9, waited til 11:30 and blew it off to ride instead! I'll try again on Thurs. A little over 400 mi. now. Starting to spit and decel pop a little now. So, I'm going try to get a bunch of miles on this week and throw it on the Dyno. The map we used was from another bike's Dynotune. Close enough for some break-in miles, but no Cigar! I'll probably go on Thurs to do the handlebars, fluids, Dyno, Kury FB extension, and hopefully my Zanotti order (passenger floorboards) will be here by then for mounting. So , I guess I'll have to suffer with riding this weekend instead! ::)

Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »

Needs nothing doing to it Nige? HaHaHaHaHa!

Crap, crap, crap!!! My buddy's shop was way too busy today to do the handlebars. Got there at 9, waited til 11:30 and blew it off to ride instead! I'll try again on Thurs. A little over 400 mi. now. Starting to spit and decel pop a little now. So, I'm going try to get a bunch of miles on this week and throw it on the Dyno. The map we used was from another bike's Dynotune. Close enough for some break-in miles, but no Cigar! I'll probably go on Thurs to do the handlebars, fluids, Dyno, Kury FB extension, and hopefully my Zanotti order (passenger floorboards) will be here by then for mounting. So , I guess I'll have to suffer with riding this weekend instead! ::)

Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie,

Sounds like the misfortune of not getting your bars fitted turned into some real fun after all.

I guess by now you'll be close to that Dyno, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I found some info. out this weekend about the intake solenoid eliminator I need and the exhaust actuator eliminator so team them up with the Dynojet O2 eliminators, the PC and the Docherty PP and I should be good to go.

Nige

P.S. Stilll working on the trip thing. Jan is keen so it's still a possibility.

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2007, 11:45:46 AM »

Hey Howie,

Sounds like the misfortune of not getting your bars fitted turned into some real fun after all.

I guess by now you'll be close to that Dyno, I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I found some info. out this weekend about the intake solenoid eliminator I need and the exhaust actuator eliminator so team them up with the Dynojet O2 eliminators, the PC and the Docherty PP and I should be good to go.

Nige

P.S. Stilll working on the trip thing. Jan is keen so it's still a possibility.

Good deal Nige. It sounds like you're set with your flapper elims. and you'll be able to get the bike setup properly.

Yeah, I was bummed a little because I really dislike those Schwinn SERK handlebars! There's close to 500 miles on her now. If I can get it done this week, I'll change the fluids and get it Dyno'd. I'm not gonna wait til the 1K mark. Why wait! I'll let you guys know how it went when I'm done!

Glad you're still thinking about coming here. Let me know when you decide, and also, let me know if you need any parts lined up that you plan on bringing/shipping back home.

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 25 queries.