Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Some New Mods  (Read 42437 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Some New Mods
« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2007, 11:52:11 AM »

Good deal Nige. It sounds like you're set with your flapper elims. and you'll be able to get the bike setup properly.

Yeah, I was bummed a little because I really dislike those Schwinn SERK handlebars! There's close to 500 miles on her now. If I can get it done this week, I'll change the fluids and get it Dyno'd. I'm not gonna wait til the 1K mark. Why wait! I'll let you guys know how it went when I'm done!

Glad you're still thinking about coming here. Let me know when you decide, and also, let me know if you need any parts lined up that you plan on bringing/shipping back home.

Hoist! 8)

Why wait?

That's the right attitude !!

Hey man, I finally played phone messages this morning that came in while I was gone.  Sorry I missed you.  You've seen the description of what it feels like so that part is covered.  Will still call sometime sooner rather than later to catch up a bit.

After the red bike gets cleaned up from the trip I'll take a pic to show the new legs installed too.  They don't look too bad.  And that Adjure flush mount axle really cleans up the front lines.  It's so easy to put on you should be getting one of those like yesterday.

Good luck on the bars install.  Hope they fit you perfectly.  It can make so much difference getting stuff like that tweaked in to the rider.  That's going to be a very special black SERK I'm looking forward to spinning around Hot Springs on.  I promise though, I'll ride slooooooow  ???  (just ask TC's V-Rod) .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »

Why wait?

That's the right attitude !!

Hey man, I finally played phone messages this morning that came in while I was gone.  Sorry I missed you.  You've seen the description of what it feels like so that part is covered.  Will still call sometime sooner rather than later to catch up a bit.

After the red bike gets cleaned up from the trip I'll take a pic to show the new legs installed too.  They don't look too bad.  And that Adjure flush mount axle really cleans up the front lines.  It's so easy to put on you should be getting one of those like yesterday.

Good luck on the bars install.  Hope they fit you perfectly.  It can make so much difference getting stuff like that tweaked in to the rider.  That's going to be a very special black SERK I'm looking forward to spinning around Hot Springs on.  I promise though, I'll ride slooooooow  ???  (just ask TC's V-Rod) .

Hey Don, I'm glad you had an enjoyable, successful trip! It sounds like these guys really got their act together at Traxxion. Can't wait for mine. I'm also hoping that they have those Italian Dual Shocks ready by Sept. I'd be leaving NYC on one bike, and pulling into HS on a completely different one. Big difference from your original RK report, to the one you and Terry just made.

I held the bars up to the bike while I was hanging around Sat. They should be perfect. The 12's are too tall and the 8's too short. They 10.5's are just right. Like the 3 bears! :D

BTW, don't worry about going slow, as it was not built to go slow! I'm really looking forward to this riding season and just hope I don't wind up gettinmg locked up while having fun with my new Hot Rod SERK! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2007, 01:30:05 PM »

Good deal Nige. It sounds like you're set with your flapper elims. and you'll be able to get the bike setup properly.

Yeah, I was bummed a little because I really dislike those Schwinn SERK handlebars! There's close to 500 miles on her now. If I can get it done this week, I'll change the fluids and get it Dyno'd. I'm not gonna wait til the 1K mark. Why wait! I'll let you guys know how it went when I'm done!

Glad you're still thinking about coming here. Let me know when you decide, and also, let me know if you need any parts lined up that you plan on bringing/shipping back home.

Hoist! 8)

Jan's away on holiday in Fuerteventura at the moment, but she is back again on Wednesday. We'll make a decision then.

If we are coming then I think I'm probably going to want to bring back the Doherty PP, Clearview Shield (which I'll need to order and get shipped to you pretty soon), V & H Slip Ons (could be a carrying problem), Image - Eagle Claw Jiffy Stand and maybe a True Track. Don't think I will bring back a PC III as I believe there is a warranty issue for imported ones.

Cheers,

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »

OK, the next step is here. Getting rid of the Schwinn Bars! I'm going to the shop today to leave the bike til Sat. :( I'm putting on the Wild 1 10" mini-apes. We'll see what if anything, needs to be done to the cables, wiring, and lines. While it's there, changing the fluids- M1VT crank, Redline SP Heavy trans, Redline MTL primary. Also putting on the Kury rider FB extensions and chrome rear master cyl. This should complete the mods needed to get the initial set up correct. Dyno tune before York trip. Then enjoy it over the summer.

Fall brings Traxxion suspension upgrades and Winter brings engine improvements and upgrades. Can you tell I'm having fun! ;D Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2007, 11:12:40 AM »

I'm looking forward to seeing the mini apes on the RK. Don't forget the pics!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2007, 12:40:03 PM »

OK, the next step is here. Getting rid of the Schwinn Bars! I'm going to the shop today to leave the bike til Sat. :( I'm putting on the Wild 1 10" mini-apes. We'll see what if anything, needs to be done to the cables, wiring, and lines. While it's there, changing the fluids- M1VT crank, Redline SP Heavy trans, Redline MTL primary. Also putting on the Kury rider FB extensions and chrome rear master cyl. This should complete the mods needed to get the initial set up correct. Dyno tune before York trip. Then enjoy it over the summer.

Fall brings Traxxion suspension upgrades and Winter brings engine improvements and upgrades. Can you tell I'm having fun! ;D Hoist! 8)
Yeah stop monkeying around Howie and get them pics of your little apes hung up in here !!

;D

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »

C'mon, I've tortured the crap out of all of you already with all these pics! What makes you think I'm gonna stop now? ;D Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2007, 12:23:01 PM »

Went to the shop a few this morning to see the progress. The bars are installed in the new risers and he set up the orientation of the bars with me on it. These bars are a perfect height. The stock throttle/idle cables and brakeline are fine. The clutch line might have to be replaced. The wiring needed to be extended. The biggest issue seems to be the risers. You need to replace the stock risers, as the 1.25" HD bars are 1.25" all the way thru the clamp area. The Wild 1's 1.25" bars are reduced to 1" at the clamp are so they can be used on stock bikes. The risers/clamp for this are too tall (1" risers) to fit under the SERK riser cover. He has to machine down 1/2"-3/4" from the risers for everything to fit under the cover. I never heard this before. My friend has a full service shop with a full machine shop. No big deal for him. But I would have been stuck if I tried this myself. He tells me that he's using the shortest risers and wasn't concerned by it, but seemed surprised that everthing didn't fit properly. Anyone else go thru this? I also used the Urethane riser bushings for this install.

Other than that, it's going smooth. They're gonna button it back up today/tomorrow and do the fluids for me while they have it. They're also putting on the chrome rear master cylinder. By tomorrow I should have a real motorcycle with real handlebars! Can't wait! Next post should be on completion with the pics for you guys!

Hoist! 8)

SilverDawg

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2007, 01:43:13 PM »

Hoist Dude,

When you going to find time to ride it ;D  I'll give you this, you are one passionate CVO king!!  Keep up the good work.
2008 FLHTCU Candy Red Sunglo -ABS/Security/SERT/V&H ovals
2008 FXCWC - Pacific Blue Pearl Deluxe-SOLD

The poster formally known as Cobaltman...

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do." - Andrew Carnegie

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #294 on: April 06, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »

Hey Hoist, You sure are keeping that big brown truck busy. I bet he knows your stop by heart now. Keep up the good work. Bike is sure becoming your own, but that is what it is all about. :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2007, 02:28:55 PM »

Thanks guys. I have 1 more Big Brown Truck coming with some secret, stealth, behind the saddlebag goodies, and every sensor for the FI system for back-up, JIC!

The bike's almost ready. So far I got away with the stock hyd clutch line (just makes it; maybe a touch tight), and the stock throttle/idle cables. He extended the wiring as necessary, and cut down the risers. If the front brake line also makes it, I'll have it late today. If not, he'll have to order that line, and I'll have to wait til Tuesday. I'm hoping it makes it. I seem to have found the handlebar limit with the stock stuff, and that's 10" apes. Any longer, you're definitely replacing everything. With any luck, I'll be picking it up later.

After this, there'll only be time for riding it. No more work on it until Sept! ;)

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »

Congratulations Hoist. At least you're getting it worked on when it's to cold to ride!

As far as any more mods for my scoot, JesterDEcor says NO. I need to come up for some way to make her think New Zipper's cams are a safety modification. Hmmm, I could have my dealer write the invoce as LED lights? $1,500-$2,000? Yea, that should work.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2007, 02:55:01 PM »

Thanks guys. I have 1 more Big Brown Truck coming with some secret, stealth, behind the saddlebag goodies, and every sensor for the FI system for back-up, JIC!

The bike's almost ready. So far I got away with the stock hyd clutch line (just makes it; maybe a touch tight), and the stock throttle/idle cables. He extended the wiring as necessary, and cut down the risers. If the front brake line also makes it, I'll have it late today. If not, he'll have to order that line, and I'll have to wait til Tuesday. I'm hoping it makes it. I seem to have found the handlebar limit with the stock stuff, and that's 10" apes. Any longer, you're definitely replacing everything. With any luck, I'll be picking it up later.

After this, there'll only be time for riding it. No more work on it until Sept! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Howie,
Can't wait to see how the "newer" new ride looks when you get it back.  Make sure you have an empty memory card in the digital camera when you start taking pics. ;) 
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2007, 02:57:10 PM »

Congratulations Hoist. At least you're getting it worked on when it's to cold to ride!

As far as any more mods for my scoot, JesterDEcor says NO. I need to come up for some way to make her think New Zipper's cams are a safety modification. Hmmm, I could have my dealer write the invoce as LED lights? $1,500-$2,000? Yea, that should work.
HB,
Do our wives talk to each other without us knowing about it?  I'm having a hard time convincing mama that I need more things on the ride.  She keeps coming back and telling me, "You said the CVO had everything on it."  And I usually reply, "Everything on it that I would start out with."   The couch is getting really comfy lately. :P

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

HB,
Do our wives talk to each other without us knowing about it?  I'm having a hard time convincing mama that I need more things on the ride.  She keeps coming back and telling me, "You said the CVO had everything on it."  And I usually reply, "Everything on it that I would start out with."   The couch is getting really comfy lately. :P

Red,

Youre going at it all wrong dude! The thing to do is come in the house, put your foot down and be a man about it! Tell her you're adding some mods, and if she don't like it, then TOO BAD. A woman respects a strong man. Let me know how that works out? Ok?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 21 queries.