Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: installing tach on 09 springer  (Read 19525 times)

bikerbob4

Re: installing tach on 09 springer
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »

Thanks for the info Quiet pro. I am pretty good with reading schematics so I think I can handle it. I would def. pay a dealer 75 to wire it though. I have the shop manual supplement & the direction I was going was leading me to the ECM. On the plug for the ECM port #3 is for a tach signal. I does not sound like thats the way the dealer did the install on your bike cause you have to remove the rear fender to get to the ECM according to the shop manual. So, this is encouraging. I know on most bikes the tach signal wire is pink. They must have went right to the coil. Since the coil is exposed, do you see any added wires on it? Regards, Bob

Quiet Pro

• Live Free & Ride Hard

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3, Black Diamond & Emerald Flames
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 04:13:40 PM »

Unfortunately I am not near my bike right now and I won't be until after the new year.  If you can wait that long I'd be more than happy to take the speedo mount off the tank, take pictures and describe what they did to make it work.  Between pics, description, your schematics and working knowledge the job probably won't be that bad.  Like I said, if you can wait I have no problem doing that.  Maybe it'll help out some other folks as well.  Let me know.  QP
2009 FXSTSSE3
V & H Big Radius 2-in-2 Pipes
Power Commander

bikerbob4

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »

That would be great. I appreciate the help! Bob   bikerbob4@yahoo.com   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.