Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SESG2 Delay  (Read 1245 times)

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
SESG2 Delay
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »

Sometimes being first is a mixed bag. 

I was the first guy to take delivery of a 2011 Model at my local dealership-a SESG2.   And I was supposed to pick up my crimson and black on Saturday.  Got to the dealership- and oops, there's a problem.

I had a stage one upgrade done (SERT, Vance & Hines dresser duals and Hi Output Mufflers) but the dealership discovered they didn't have the software update for the 2011 models yet so the computer wouldn't permit a base map adjustment to be made. Apparently, it's a damn $29 CD upgrade that they have to order from Harley.   And since Harley isn't open on Sat, I was SOL. The dealership guys felt really bad. They checked with several other local dealerships to see if they had the upgraded software (none did which surprised me), offered to pull off the pipes and re- install the old exhaust so I could drive it stock- but I passed on doing that. So, I'll pick up the bike later this week. That was the bad news. 

The good news is that the bike looked awesome. Really beautiful in the sunlight.  It's a subtle paint scheme, but very rich and it flatters the lines of the bike.  It's definitely not for the guys who favor the flashy paint schemes (not that there's anything wrong with that:). Hell, I think I would have taken any SESG2 color that was available, but I'm very happy with the Black/Crimson.

The other good news is the sound the exhaust system made..  The techs were standing around grinning from ear-to-ear when they fired it up. Deep, deep, rumble and very loud. Classic Harley...at least to my ears.

I'll post some pix and sound clips later next week.

2010SSRS

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2
Re: SESG2 Delay
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »

you just made up my mind on the exhaust......thx! 

07' Glides had that same software issue only it took 6 months before we could do any mods............at least this is quicker!

i'm sure it will be worth the wait........congrats!  just ordered our Black/Orange SESG Saturday.  gonna be a long wait!
TR590 Cams - Hi Comp Pistons - Stage 3 Heads - V&H Dresser Duals - V&H Hi Outputs - Tuner - Custom Map - 104hp/121tq

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 06:15:41 PM »

Congrats on the black and orange.  It's beautiful and classic HD.

you just made up my mind on the exhaust......thx! 

07' Glides had that same software issue only it took 6 months before we could do any mods............at least this is quicker!

i'm sure it will be worth the wait........congrats!  just ordered our Black/Orange SESG Saturday.  gonna be a long wait!

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »

Hope you get everything fixed this week.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Jus Cruisin

• SERG Rider
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:51:13 AM »

Sometimes being first is a mixed bag. 

I was the first guy to take delivery of a 2011 Model at my local dealership-a SESG2.   And I was supposed to pick up my crimson and black on Saturday.  Got to the dealership- and oops, there's a problem.

I had a stage one upgrade done (SERT, Vance & Hines dresser duals and Hi Output Mufflers) but the dealership discovered they didn't have the software update for the 2011 models yet so the computer wouldn't permit a base map adjustment to be made. Apparently, it's a damn $29 CD upgrade that they have to order from Harley.   And since Harley isn't open on Sat, I was SOL. The dealership guys felt really bad. They checked with several other local dealerships to see if they had the upgraded software (none did which surprised me), offered to pull off the pipes and re- install the old exhaust so I could drive it stock- but I passed on doing that. So, I'll pick up the bike later this week. That was the bad news. 

The good news is that the bike looked awesome. Really beautiful in the sunlight.  It's a subtle paint scheme, but very rich and it flatters the lines of the bike.  It's definitely not for the guys who favor the flashy paint schemes (not that there's anything wrong with that:). Hell, I think I would have taken any SESG2 color that was available, but I'm very happy with the Black/Crimson.

The other good news is the sound the exhaust system made..  The techs were standing around grinning from ear-to-ear when they fired it up. Deep, deep, rumble and very loud. Classic Harley...at least to my ears.

I'll post some pix and sound clips later next week.

You better have them hurry up, cold & snow is right around the corner for y'all up there. ;) That is why I am a former Michigan resident (Brighton and Clinton Twp.), 15 weeks of good weather and 37 weeks of not so good to horrible! I actually try to get up there in August for a week or so for the Dream Cruise. Not this year.
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange, Fullsac and SERT

Other stuff in my garage: All American
2010 F150 Platinum 4X2
2008 Roush Mustang 428R, only 435hp
2008 Corvette convertible, 436hp

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:03:27 PM »

You're sure right about that.  It's a short riding season up here.  I do have this bar hopper to ride until the bagger is ready.

You better have them hurry up, cold & snow is right around the corner for y'all up there. ;) That is why I am a former Michigan resident (Brighton and Clinton Twp.), 15 weeks of good weather and 37 weeks of not so good to horrible! I actually try to get up there in August for a week or so for the Dream Cruise. Not this year.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »

I had a stage one upgrade done (SERT, Vance & Hines dresser duals and Hi Output Mufflers

With just the exhaust mods the bike should self adjust and run fine. I did the V & H system on my 2010 and have stock map. Without the cat the bike runs very strong. I will eventually get it dynoed later this year. I already purchased the SERT.

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.