Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Rat Survivor Bushtec Trailer  (Read 19660 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Rat Survivor Bushtec Trailer
« on: April 26, 2008, 12:55:37 AM »

I thought I had everything ready to go for Sedona and then I ran into a Rat Bushtec that had been laying around in someone's backyard for years. That was Wednesday and the plan was to put some new tires and Rat/Survivor decals on and go. Now its Friday night and Mamma wants a frame up restoration. So the rims are at the powder coater and the shell will be at the painter tomorrow. I'll sand blast and paint the frame Sunday.  Monday the hitch, tires, and wheel bearings will be overnighted and Wednesday will be assembly day.   
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be for wondering how I'm going to finish this mess cause you know what's going to happen :o  Doc
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:06:16 AM by grandpadoc »

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Rat Surviver Bushtec Trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 01:00:23 AM »

I thought I had everything ready to go for Sedona and then I ran into a Rat Bushtec that had been laying around in someone's backyard for years. That was Wednesday and the plan was to put some new tires and Rat/Surviver decals on and go. Now its Friday night and Mama wants a frame up restoration. So the rims are at the powder coater and the shell will be at the painter tomorrow. I'll sand blast and paint the frame Sunday.  Monday the hitch, tires, and wheel bearings will be overnighted and Wednesday will be assembly day.   
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday will be for wondering how I'm going to finish this mess cause you know what's going to happen :o  Doc

One of my favorite planning points is the GICOD

I pick a date and nothing changes after that date.....( although im contemplating several, im not going to do them before Sedona

oh,
Good
Idea
Cut
Off
Date

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
Re: Rat Survivor Bushtec Trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:04:03 AM »

I thought I had everything ready to go for Sedona and then I ran into a Rat Bushtec that had been laying around in someone's backyard for years. That was Wednesday and the plan was to put some new tires and Rat/Surviver decals on and go. Now its Friday night and Mama wants a frame up restoration. So the rims are at the powder coater and the shell will be at the painter tomorrow. I'll sand blast and paint the frame Sunday.  Monday the hitch, tires, and wheel bearings will be overnighted and Wednesday will be assembly day.   

now having said all that..i wish you a lot of luck!

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 01:12:52 AM »

now having said all that..i wish you a lot of luck!

Thanks,  Now she's deciding on graphics...maybe when we get back, not now.   GICOD.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »

good luck with the project, stick to plan A, get the job done, then have  beer :drink:

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 07:13:42 AM »

Great Find, You can't kill a Bushtec

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:23:33 AM »

good luck with the project, stick to plan A, get the job done, then have  beer :drink:

...thats what I'm saying but she was helping me till late last night and there is still blenty of beer in the frig.  :2vrolijk_21:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »

Great Find, You can't kill a Bushtec

After a total tear down last night, I'm really impressed with the construction. Now I can see why they are so expensive. I've taken a few courses in physics and tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out how that suspension works...or just look at it in awe and  :drink:  Doc
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 09:32:19 AM by grandpadoc »

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 09:36:43 AM »

What was wrong with the people that you bought that from, sure is rough looking. I would have to agree with your wife on fixing it up. Not sure if a bath would have helped. :nixweiss:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:43 AM »

What was wrong with the people that you bought that from, sure is rough looking. I would have to agree with your wife on fixing it up. Not sure if a bath would have helped. :nixweiss:

That was a bargaining chip for me  :2vrolijk_21: Here is Terry early Saturday am off to the paint wizard. 

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 10:11:13 AM »

After a total tear down last night, I'm really impressed with the construction. Now I can see why they are so expensive. I've taken a few courses in physics and tomorrow I'm going to try and figure out how that suspension works...or just look at it in awe and  :drink:  Doc

It's taken from a Corvette (per John Preston) the air line runs through the chrome mollly tounque(SP) and connects to the shocks, the suspension is inverted for the trailer app.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »

It's taken from a Corvette (per John Preston) the air line runs through the chrome mollly tounque(SP) and connects to the shocks, the suspension is inverted for the trailer app.

Thanks,  I'll have to print this and read it while  :drink:  Doc

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »

Thanks,  Now she's deciding on graphics...maybe when we get back, not now.   GICOD.

She did it anyway, they are going to match the bag graphics, and it won't be ready till thursday. :o  Here is a pic of me sandblasting the frame this morning. Again I'm very impressed with the design of this thing.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 03:29:31 PM »

Looks like torsion bars with and a sway bar for a very neat independent suspension. Clever guys at Bushtec  :2vrolijk_21: Just got through painting.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »

...another one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.