Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: ...and so it starts. Knock, knock, knock ...  (Read 15276 times)

Scrapyard

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Re: ...and so it starts. Knock, knock, knock ...
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2018, 06:23:18 PM »

So, I buy the 2018 CVO 117 and have all options I could think of including stage IV. I have the bike 3 days, about 400 miles, and the tappet gets loud. The dealership fixes it and I'm on my way. Still a happy customer. 9,400 miles later, because I ride it, same thing only now I hear things flying around the motor. Then the compression relief valve opens and it sounds like the head blows. I pull off of the 1st exit, having no power, and she dies. The tappet disintegrated! Dealership cracks her open and the tappet won't come out. After further break down, the needle bearings are inside my oil pump meaning they passed through the entire motor. Corporate approves a short block but is hesitant to approve a stage IV kit. I'm looking at the marks on my sleeves, gouges on my pistons, An oil pump with grooves cut into the aluminum from circulating bearings and debris, a tappet that no longer resembles one as the roller has gone through my baby. Then I find out that the computer mapping for the 117 stage four was not available so corporate told the dealer to map it for a 110ci. WTF! I just handed them $52,000 and you deceive me on top of my mechanical problems? Now the dealership is building my M8 rather than the factory.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »

So, I buy the 2018 CVO 117 and have all options I could think of including stage IV. I have the bike 3 days, about 400 miles, and the tappet gets loud. The dealership fixes it and I'm on my way. Still a happy customer. 9,400 miles later, because I ride it, same thing only now I hear things flying around the motor. Then the compression relief valve opens and it sounds like the head blows. I pull off of the 1st exit, having no power, and she dies. The tappet disintegrated! Dealership cracks her open and the tappet won't come out. After further break down, the needle bearings are inside my oil pump meaning they passed through the entire motor. Corporate approves a short block but is hesitant to approve a stage IV kit. I'm looking at the marks on my sleeves, gouges on my pistons, An oil pump with grooves cut into the aluminum from circulating bearings and debris, a tappet that no longer resembles one as the roller has gone through my baby. Then I find out that the computer mapping for the 117 stage four was not available so corporate told the dealer to map it for a 110ci. WTF! I just handed them $52,000 and you deceive me on top of my mechanical problems? Now the dealership is building my M8 rather than the factory.

More than a few similarities though, fingers crossed, the MOCO isn't screwing me.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2018, 10:23:07 PM »

Now the dealership is building my M8 rather than the factory.

On their dime?

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »

My bike is out of HD Jail. New motor with the 114” Stage III upgrade. I'm taking her to "Shark Week" which is the Roadglide.org National Rally. 500 Mile break-in and 1k service coming up this week!

I had them throw on a FULLSAC Header and an automatic tuning module. She's got a great grunt now.

DH
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:52:12 PM by DesertHOG »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2018, 07:12:53 PM »

Simon I feel your pain and your relief at getting a new motor.  Been there, done that four times with the 110s.  With Harley the fun never ends, lol.  Good luck in getting lots of miles and smiles from this new motor.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2018, 09:02:02 PM »

My bike is out of HD Jail. New motor with the 114” Stage III upgrade. I'm taking her to "Shark Week" which is the Roadglide.org National Rally. 500 Mile break-in and 1k service coming up this week!

I had them throw on a FULLSAC Header and an automatic tuning module. She's got a great grunt now.

DH
Nice, enjoy it Simon!
Alan

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2018, 11:13:11 PM »

Have fun with it Simon.  Have never done the Shark Week event so will be looking forward to your stories. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2018, 08:36:12 AM »

Enjoy the new motor on your Road Glide Simon.  Have fun at Shark week.  Wish I could go
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2018, 09:16:21 AM »

Glad to hear you got it back. Hope it treats you well. let us know after a few miles.

85FXRS

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2018, 02:02:07 PM »

They placed parts order for cam, pushrods, and more. The service writer was not my primary and useless as TOAB. I’ll call and find out more today.
you call  HD customer service and tell them? you want those people to know . surprised factory  tech did not want to peek at more before tossing parts into it. only to find out it needed to be looked at a bit deeper.  but it is what it is. hope you have an easy fix regardless

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2018, 09:43:54 PM »

DH
[/quote]

During a warranty repair they put on an aftermarket header? Wow! That's awesome.

Steve@fullsac.com
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2018, 02:31:17 AM »

DH

During a warranty repair they put on an aftermarket header? Wow! That's awesome.

Steve@fullsac.com

Yup. Everyone tells me I’m gonna get screwed but they offered me a V&H and I told them they’re getting a FULLSAC. Really cooled of my calf muscle. Engine broke in now and gets an oil change this weekend with a dyno pull. Will be interesting to se the result.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2018, 03:04:53 AM »

Yup. Everyone tells me I’m gonna get screwed but they offered me a V&H and I told them they’re getting a FULLSAC. Really cooled of my calf muscle. Engine broke in now and gets an oil change this weekend with a dyno pull. Will be interesting to se the result.
Dyno pull? Coulda swore you did that coming back to Durango this afternoon. It didn't have any issues getting moving. That guy behind us gave up trying to keep up about half way down the mountain. Sounds great running behind it.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2018, 08:38:09 AM »

Simon

Just my .02.
Wear your lucky socks and keep a rabbits foot hidden on the bike for the next 5000 miles. See a black cat, immediate U turn. Find your local witch Doctor and have him check your bike for Demons. Maybe do a quick exorcism or at least chant some gibberish while blowing huge clouds of Rasta smoke near the AC while it idles. (The mechanic at your dealer most likely did this already while celebrating the fact that it started.) Most importantly, maintain possession of your stock header and all of the mounting hardware.  If you have it, you most likely will never need it. Murphy's law 101.

Best of luck and ride safe!

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 08:47:34 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2018, 10:05:25 AM »

Simon

Just my .02.
Wear your lucky socks and keep a rabbits foot hidden on the bike for the next 5000 miles. See a black cat, immediate U turn. Find your local witch Doctor and have him check your bike for Demons. Maybe do a quick exorcism or at least chant some gibberish while blowing huge clouds of Rasta smoke near the AC while it idles. (The mechanic at your dealer most likely did this already while celebrating the fact that it started.) Most importantly, maintain possession of your stock header and all of the mounting hardware.  If you have it, you most likely will never need it. Murphy's law 101.

Best of luck and ride safe!

Steve@fullsac.com

I’ve got the OEM head pipe. Tell me more about hardware they might not have reused and should have given me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.