Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Audio issues on a 2011 FLHXSE  (Read 1157 times)

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
Audio issues on a 2011 FLHXSE
« on: May 10, 2018, 08:49:16 PM »

My wife complains about being able to hear the music on our 2011 SESG after riding on our 2010 SEUC. I'm interested in things you'd recommend to increase her ability to hear the music, besides Turning it up. Headsets?, Speakers?, Amps?..???

Supershooter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Audio issues on a 2011 FLHXSE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »

Younger wife with better hearing?

(I am very sorry for making that remark.....)

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »

Younger wife with better hearing?

(I am very sorry for making that remark.....)

Don, I'm a'guessin that option would end up being much more expensive than just upgrading the audio system.... ;D :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :nervous:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 08:41:43 AM »

My wife complains about being able to hear the music on our 2011 SESG after riding on our 2010 SEUC. I'm interested in things you'd recommend to increase her ability to hear the music, besides Turning it up. Headsets?, Speakers?, Amps?..???

Supershooter

IMHO the best and easiest approach would be to supply her with a headset.  You could install the king T-P and rear speakers so the SG is more like the UC, but you're talking several grand and the performance still won't be as good as a high quality headset or in-helmet speakers.  We have some audio experts around here, perhaps one or more of them will see this thread and give you some better ideas.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »

Don trading a 40 for two 20's sounds interesting but I think I'll pas at this point... 8)

I have a Removeable KTP but I'm not sure if I'm further ahead to add speakers to it or look into helmet speakers. We wear half helmets 80% of the time.

Thoughts?

Supershooter

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »

With my 2011 FLXSE I talked to Bill at Biketronics and upgraded all four speakers to 6.5" (you'll laugh when you hold one of the stock ones in your hand) and upgraded to one of their 4 channel amps. Then I had the dealership flash the head unit so that the fader feature worked. Once that is working you will be able to adjust the upper and lower speaker output. I had mine at about 40% for the uppers and 60% for the lowers. The sound difference was amazing and she could hear the system very well even with her 3/4 helmet and full face shield. It wasn't a huge expense but a night and day difference.
Biketronics gives the people on this site a discount and a lifetime warranty but there are a ton of options out there.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

I think we're going to try the PackTalk Comm system from Scala Cardo, any thoughts?

Supershooter

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 11:37:30 PM »

Got the Packtalk works good can Bluetooth it to my phone tunes. The tunes will cutout when you talk and if a call comes in. Can also make calls by voice commands..

This is the UK eBay but I'm sure it's the same your side of the pond.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cardo-Scala-Rider-Packtalk-Pack-Talk-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Intercom-BTSRPT-/401525019306?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

Scala Rider PACKTALK
Features/Specifications
DMC Intercom mode for multi-party intercom calls over a virtual private network – with up to 15 riders
DMC Bridge allows passenger with Bluetooth-only device or outside mobile caller to join a PACKTALK group
Private Chat allows 1:1 conversation while no other group members can listen in
Up to 1 mile / 1.6 km Bike-to-Bike intercom and up to 8 km with 5 or more riders
4-Way Bluetooth Intercom Conferencing: 2 riders and their passengers or 3 separate riders (Full Duplex)
“1+8” Bluetooth Intercom Toggling: Toggle among 8 other riders
Click-to-Link intercom for spontaneous conversation with other scala rider users nearby
Voice Command: Voice recognition technology for true hands-free operation
Intercom-to-Mobile: Calls switch automatically to mobile when out of range
Cardo Gateway: Enables non-Cardo headsets to connect via intercom
Cardo SmartSet App for remote control and on-the-go setting customisation
Cardo Community platform for social features, device customisation & software upgrades
Music Sharing- Rider & Passenger listen to the same stereo music (via A2DP)
Parallel Audio-streaming Talk and listen to music at the same time
Hot-dial number (Customisable)
Make / Receive / Reject calls by voice command or at the push of a button, A2DP/AVRCP profile for wireless stereo from smartphones, Conference mode between outside caller, Rider-Passenger
Receive GPS navigation instructions via Bluetooth
Built-in FM Radio with RDS: 6 station presets with auto scan, Automatic selection of the strongest signal, Radio on time: 8-10 hours, Automatic radio muting for incoming calls
Connect wirelessly to MP3 players via A2DP for stereo music
Self-adjusting audio volume according to speed & ambient noise (Customisable)
Voice-control for receiving / rejecting incoming mobile or intercom calls (Customisable)
Multilingual status announcements
Interchangeable hybrid and corded microphones
Dual replaceable speakers (3.5 mm)
Up to 13 hours talk-time/ 1 week stand-by
Waterproof & Dustproof
Description
The Scala Rider PACKTALK is one the best communication setups for all riders. With support for up to 15 riders in one group you can have seamless connectivity through your own private virtual network making sure you never lose contact on your ride.

One major feature that makes life super easy is the ability for a rider to join, leave and re-join the group without breaking the system, it is that reliable! This technology makes the PACKTALK a step above the rest, you really won't find it elsewhere. By using DMC and Bluetooth connections are easy to setup and maintain; the adaptive DMC is always refreshing itself to see for any changes in the network which is how it can remain so stable and offer such a fluid experience.

When used with the Cardo SmartSet app (iOS and Android) you can opt to use a mobile phone or tablet to control your PACKTALK. You can make intercoms, phones calls, play music and radio, use a GPS app with navigation instruction along with the ability to customise all your settings.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:41:38 PM by longlast »

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 02:45:37 AM »

With my 2011 FLXSE I talked to Bill at Biketronics and upgraded all four speakers to 6.5" (you'll laugh when you hold one of the stock ones in your hand) and upgraded to one of their 4 channel amps. Then I had the dealership flash the head unit so that the fader feature worked. Once that is working you will be able to adjust the upper and lower speaker output. I had mine at about 40% for the uppers and 60% for the lowers. The sound difference was amazing and she could hear the system very well even with her 3/4 helmet and full face shield. It wasn't a huge expense but a night and day difference.
Biketronics gives the people on this site a discount and a lifetime warranty but there are a ton of options out there.

I did a Biketronics sound upgrade on my 2015 SG and Rayson is right. If you talk to Bill he will explain how he gets the fidelity out of the speakers so you can listen to the music.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.