Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Purchased on Tuesday - recalled on Wednesday  (Read 4678 times)

BritBiker

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Deluxe
Purchased on Tuesday - recalled on Wednesday
« on: October 18, 2013, 02:16:41 PM »

Totally new to this site and this is my story. On Tuesday, I took my 2012 FLSTN to the dealer for its 10,000 mile service. As I had some time to kill I took a look around the showroom. There on the display ramp was one of the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen - the Blue and White CVO Deluxe - it was literally calling my name. Next thing I know I am out on the road doing a test ride! Five minutes was all it took - I was sold. I never, ever thought I would part with my FLSTN (Birch White / Ember Sunglow) as it was all chromed out and a fantastic ride. But the CVO just stepped it up a notch, I loved being just that little bit lower and just felt more "comfortable". By the time the service was done on the FLSTN I no longer owned the bike (and no they did not charge me for the service)! I proudly rode home on my new bike and was on cloud nine. My excitement continued the next day as I was able to take a nice afternoon ride and knew I had made a good choice. Being totally new to the CVO scene I was excited to find this site and started to browse. Imagine my horror Wednesday night when I saw the post about the recall. Sure enough when I entered the VIN into the Harley Site mine was included in the recall. I called the dealer fist thing Thursday and they were just gathering the information about the recall themselves and obviously did not know much more than me. After a bit of dithering as to whether I would dare continue riding until it had been checked I decided I was too chicken ( I have only been riding for 18 months so don't have a ton of experience). So my Hubby rode the bike to the dealer where it now sits until they get the repair kits and the final service bulletins etc. It has been a roller coaster week of emotional highs and now a crushing low. I am trying to look on the bright side and realize that if the bike had the recall notice on it when I saw it I would never have bought it (as I obviously could not have test rode it) and then I would have missed out. I know that is flawed logic but I am trying to seek some consollation here! Hopefully I will have her back home in the garage by next weekend. I'll be riding the Slim (my commuter bike!) this weekend - but it won't be the same.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Purchased on Tuesday - recalled on Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »

Your horrors have just begun!   :vrolijk27:  Matter of fact, there will be more than sequels to Friday the 13th !   :nervous:   (just kidding)  Getting you ready for Halloween.   ;D
Jesus is Lord

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »

I ride mine. It's the clutch, I can ride without it if needed. Just match the revs and shift. (Well that will not work so good in traffic so if you are in the big city that would suck.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »

At least they fessed up quickly. Don't take this wrong as I love my SEUC and have been riding Harleys for over 45 yrs. If the were in the automobile business, they would have filed chapter 7 long ago! Maybe the Indian will provide some real competion. Monopoly leads to lakluster performance.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

ladydeluxe

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

Congratulations on your new bike!  I also have the Blue and White CVO Deluxe and love it.  Yes the recall is disheartening and hopefully our bikes will be back on the road soon.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:23:05 PM by ladydeluxe »

2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
Wendy

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »

Hang in there.  Your bike will get fixed & you will be riding soon.  Stuff happens.  Nice bike.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »

Hang in there.  Your bike will get fixed & you will be riding soon.  Stuff happens.  Nice bike.

What he said.  Don't worry, be happy.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

springer_07

• CVO1: 2007 HD Springer Softail CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 HD Softail Deluxe CVO
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »

My wife just had her recall done Friday and according to Bumpus HD Jackson Tn it was only a visual however they did come pick it up at noon and had it ready to pick up by 4 pm the same day.
Michael Hills
 Jackson, Tn
 Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association 18-4
 Chapter Commander
 USN Retired 1985-2005
 Patriot Guard 2009
 Iron Butt Association #47530
 2007 GW Comfort, Premium Audio
 2007 HD Softail Springer CVO
 2014 HD Softail Deluxe CVO (wife)

BluesRunner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »

Congrats on the new bike. Kinda dis-heartening. However, remember good things come to those who wait. At least you can still ride.
2011 SERGU
2013 Road King Screamin' Eagle - SOLD

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 08:01:03 PM »

Picked mine up last week,no recall.
          Older Guy

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.