Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sissy Bar  (Read 6654 times)

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
Sissy Bar
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »

The sissy bar that came with this bike is too short to secure my t-bag.  Just got a new taller bar from Harley and was installing today.  But after installation, the quick disconnect bars will not align to the bike.  I then re-installed the sissy bar, backwards, and it fits the bike perfectly.  However, I think the pad being on the back of the bar would look funny!  Maybe I could convince my wife she sits on the luggage rack.  I'm wondering if the plate on the sissy bar, which attaches the pad to the bar, is welded backwards.  Guess another trip to the Harley dealer! 
I'd rather push a Harley, than ride a Honda

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Sissy Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 08:29:51 AM »

This is my taller backrest,it is wider and taller.No problems fitting on and off. It is a Harley part.
       Older Guy

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:01 PM »

talked to the dealer today.  he ordered another one for me.  hopefully this next one will fit right... 

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »

I notice you have dual exhaust.  What did you do there?  I can't make up my mind what to do with my stock exhaust.  I want something louder, but I don't want to wear ear plugs on long rides. 

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »

I have Vance&Hines headers and pipes,also has an HD tuner  and program in it. what I have improves performance. You have a lot of slipon mufflers to choose from. Look and see what others are using,and what sound you like. If you notice my pipes are split one on each side true duels. Take your time and ck out other bikes before you change pipes.
         Older Guy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:28:46 PM by Older Guy »

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 09:44:49 PM »

Yep I'm going to get my 1,000 miles break in done in Florida soon.  I hope to see and hear a couple 110 engines running.  After I get back to Michigan I hope to get the tune done.  Looks like you left the air filter as is.  Maybe we can get together for a ride this summer.  I like the Traverse City area, and I plan to meet with the guy who bought my bike up there, if it ever warms up enuf to melt the snow..

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 08:15:49 AM »

I am in PA at Lake Wallenpaupack ne pa.
          John

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 06:32:13 PM »

OK not sure how I pegged you in Michigan.  My excuse is "I'm 60 YO now".  We rode through PA couple years ago and landed at Atlantic City and spend couple days there.  PA had some great riding! 

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »

I am 75 and just downsized to the Deluxe from a 2011 Streetglide, the bike was getting to be to much for me as I got older. No problem riding but moving it around and parking. I had a Deluxe an 05 and loved it but went to the streetglide for longer trips. Age changes all of us.My wife rides with me 90% of the time ,that's way I have it set up for 2 up riding.
          older Guy

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 10:09:11 AM »

Once you have a CVO you would not go back,if they had not come out with the CVO Deluxe I was going to a trike.The Deluxe is a nice fit at this time in my life , lower and yet comfortable.
          John

Vic S

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 09:09:23 AM »

Hi Older Guy,

Please let me know the make of your seat.  I picked up my 2014 FLSTNSE last Thursday.  Several hours of riding and I find the stock seat to be quite uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Vic

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 07:47:39 AM »

sundowner
  john

Bike30

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »

Hi Older Guy,

Please let me know the make of your seat.  I picked up my 2014 FLSTNSE last Thursday.  Several hours of riding and I find the stock seat to be quite uncomfortable.

Thanks.

Vic

Yesterday installed one of these on my '14 FLSTNSE. See the link for pics: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/road-zeppelin-air-adjustable-seat---deluxe-models

Paid $500 with the "GEICO discount" I asked for. I've had many saddles on many bikes, including Mayer, Russell, and Corbin. For the price, build, and comfort this is the best value so far. There's separate built-in air pumps for the rider and pillion. Pump it up, sit on it, and adjust the air pressure to even out the fit by sitting just above the foam. It'll offer shock protection as well. It sits flatter fore and aft than the stock front, which pushed me to the rear of the bike.

The cover is soft and breathable yet water proof below. It cleared all the electronics underneath better than the stock front, rests on the frame tubes via rubber biscuits, and has an adjustable rear tang to fit the single rear fender mount. The pillion strap attaches to the existing two screws under the rear (tight fit though). The rear rack and sissy fit perfectly, but you may want a taller sissy as the rear seat is taller than the stock unit.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.