Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 110 motor noise lifter preload and tbi butterfly  (Read 588 times)

JoeRayLang

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
2011 110 motor noise lifter preload and tbi butterfly
« on: September 24, 2019, 09:18:01 PM »

Started tackling the sewing machine noise, cut out stock pushrods preloaded S&S quickie adjustables to .140 (28Flats) I was able to determine enough preload by feeling the pushrod tubes on a coldstart,  there was no vibration. I have S&S premium lifters MR103 camshaft. The motor runs much better with throttle response the front cylinder runs cleaner less backfire and coughing through the intake. This allowed me to hear noise more clearly from the throttlebody butterfly. I was able to rattle the butterfly with my finger when the motor is not running. For now I will have to deal with the noise from the throttlebody but at least the valve train is now Tighter. I think the springs for the valve seats are too stiff in this motor, will eventually switch out to beehive Springs.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: 2011 110 motor noise lifter preload and tbi butterfly
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »

Beehives usually have a higher seat pressure compared to stock. There are better choices that have less seat pressure and a higher rate compared to the beehives. That will help but that cam like the se255 have a reputation that they are noisy. A lift rate issue not other component issues

JoeRayLang

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
Re: 2011 110 motor noise lifter preload and tbi butterfly
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 06:19:07 PM »

Thanks for the info, been reading a lot on addressing noise.

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 25 queries.