Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IPOD not delivered with bike what do I get to replace it  (Read 1382 times)

nautibuoy

IPOD not delivered with bike what do I get to replace it
« on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »

I just got a 2012 CVO Maple Road Glide from a guy in College Station or there close by in Texas.  When I got home I noticed the IPOD was missing.  He won't return calls so unless I get a lawyer I am screwed.  My question is what do I specifically go buy for an IPOD.  I am not a techno nerd so have no idea what is needed.  Can I get a cheaper one on EBAY? Thanks for your help.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Re: IPOD not delivered with bike what do I get to replace it
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:24 PM »

Hey Dan, you just want a Ipod Nano. New about $100
Alan

nautibuoy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:33:22 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 08:39:43 AM »

Is he asking about the GPS or the ipod?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 08:42:36 AM »

Is he asking about the GPS or the ipod?

Oops.  I pulled my idiotic reply.  Must be too early for me, I totally misread the post.  Sorry about that.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »

Naut, while the 8Gb nano comes with the CVO and is a great product, I would go one better.  At a minimum, I would get an iPod with wifi capability (the nano does not have this).  Having the wifi capability makes the iPod experience much better in downloading music and such as you don't have to always go back to your "home" computer to update/change/delete.  An 8gig iPod touch can be had at a bit more money and, if you shop well, you may find the second generation for less than a new nano....

My two cents and that's probably all it's worth but speaking from experience (and frustration) working with the nano.... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 09:38:12 AM by Ultrarider1 »

codten

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Naut, while the 8Gb nano comes with the CVO and is a great product, I would go one better.  At a minimum, I would get an iPod with wifi capability (the nana does not have this).  Having the wifi capability makes the iPod experience much better in downloading music and such as you don't have to always go back to your "home" computer to update/change/delete.  An 8gig iPod touch can be had at a bit more money and, if you shop well, you may find the second generation for less than a new nano....

My two cents and that's probably all it's worth but speaking from experience (and frustration) working with the nano.... :2vrolijk_21:

From a functional standpoint I agree with the above. However if you are looking tobstay true to the OEM, buy the nano though apple online and have it engraved(a service that apple provides) with Custom Vehicle Operations on the back. 

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 07:02:54 PM »

I have problems with my Nano and what it's showing on the radio. Typical HD never had any problems....when I called tech support.
Bill

Wanna Ride

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 10:14:04 PM »

Which model iPod came with the CVO bikes? Was it the current, small, square iPod nano, or an earlier Gen 5? If it was the gen 5, they are no longer available new, unless you buy one from new, old-stock, like on eBay.

Buuuuut... I recently left my gen 5 iPod Nano (bought new for $190!) on a plane, and didn't realize it until about a week later. Kiss that baby goodbye. So I went on Craigslist and found a guy who had a couple used ones for sale, he advertised he wanted $100 each. I met him, and negotiated to sell me both for $120 total! I checked them out, made sure they worked good, brought them home, wiped them, and added my library to both. Now, I have a spare when the first one's battery dies, so I always have my music with me.

I specifically like the gen 5, for several reasons: it has a great built-in camera, it has an internal speaker, and it has an FM receiver. I really wanted another one, because I recently bought a chrome Rider's Claw, specifically for the gen 5.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.