Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Blue tooth dongle that plugs into Apple connector in 2013 CVO Road King?  (Read 7176 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Blue tooth dongle that plugs into Apple connector in 2013 CVO Road King?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 11:17:37 AM »

Tried the MPOW same problem.  Wouldn't stay paired and annoying background hum. Returned to Amazon.  Just ordered  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHUHMUS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 again from Amazon.  Maybe. the third time will be the charm.  Will post the results.  Remember the object is to put Pandora thru the bikes stereo system via a cell phone.   
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 11:56:41 PM »

Success! I purchased the following from Amazon and it works great.  There is no background hum and the device reconnects automatically when the bike is started.  I can leave my android based cell phone in my pocket and hear Pandora through the speakers. 

CoolStream Duo. Bluetooth Music Receiver for iPhone Docking Station
$39.99 which is a little more than the other two that I had sent back.  For those that are interested the link is
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GHUHMUS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 06:23:17 AM »

Hey IROAR have you tried the 3.5 MM connection? I was thinking I could leave the IPod connected to the 30 pin and then switch back and forth from that to Pandora from the IPhone :nixweiss: That would be awesome :bananarock: Might even be able to get turn by turn directions over the speakers through the phone :nixweiss:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:05 AM »

Just a quick question here.   On this one that would be plugged into the iPod connector,,, does it also need a cable to be plugged into the aux jack?    Thanks.

T-Roy

• Elite CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King - Traded In
    • CVO2: 2019 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »

Just a quick question here.   On this one that would be plugged into the iPod connector,,, does it also need a cable to be plugged into the aux jack?    Thanks.
The 3.5 MM connection I was speaking of is on the Receiver that IROAR was talking about. I went to his link that he posted and saw it. From what I can tell from the website it looks like it will work plugged into the 30 pin connection or the 3.5 MM connection and does not need both. On the 2013 SERK there is a 30 pin connection and a 3.5 MM connection so you can use either type device and switch back and forth between them with a mode switch on the handlebar. So hopefully one would be able to plug the existing Ipod into the 30 pin connector and then The Bluetooth receiver into the 3.5 MM connector and switch between Pandora streaming from a phone and the ipod via the mode switch on the handlebar.

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• Phillips and Lyon LLC
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »

The 3.5 MM connection I was speaking of is on the Receiver that IROAR was talking about. I went to his link that he posted and saw it. From what I can tell from the website it looks like it will work plugged into the 30 pin connection or the 3.5 MM connection and does not need both. On the 2013 SERK there is a 30 pin connection and a 3.5 MM connection so you can use either type device and switch back and forth between them with a mode switch on the handlebar. So hopefully one would be able to plug the existing Ipod into the 30 pin connector and then The Bluetooth receiver into the 3.5 MM connector and switch between Pandora streaming from a phone and the ipod via the mode switch on the handlebar.

I suspect it will work using either connector; however, it will only recharge using the 20 pin Apple connector.  There is a rechargeable battery in the device that will run for about 5 hours without recharging.  It does not come with a charger.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.