Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD FXRG 3 Boots  (Read 6512 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
HD FXRG 3 Boots
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »

The bride and I stopped by the local HD dealer today(always a dangerous thing to do).  I was in there about a week ago and they had some stuff on sale, but today they were blowing out a bunch of clothes, helmets, boots, etc. 75% off some of the stuff.  I really like my Cruiserworks Defender boots, as they are both comfortable and completely waterproof...but, they are somewhat of a PITA to get on and off because of all the lacing.  I wasn't really looking for a new pair of boots, BUT spied a pair of FXRG 3 boots in my size.  Sometimes it pays to have small feets (8.5).  Tried them on and fell in love.  VERY comfortable, Gore Tex lining, very nice footbed/insole, and nice, grippy and oil resistant outsole.  A nice moisture absorbing lining as well.  A side benefit is that they are about 1/2" thicker soled than the Cruiserworks, which helps me due to being vertically challenged, as I was considering taking the Cruiserworks to a cobbler and having them add 1/2" to the soles...more than that and they start looking like 70's disco boots.  The great thing about these is that once you get them laced up to your liking, they have a waterproof YKK zipper down the inside of the boot, so they slip on and off in a matter of seconds, and the zipper tab is concealed/locked in with a velcroed tab.  Nice boot...looks like some of the tactical boots I've seen others talk about here on the site.  Cut very much like a hiking boot, but lighter. 

MSRP is $240, and I got them for $60, brand new in the box.  :apple:  I don't know if any other dealers are having big sales on last years stuff, but if so, check these boots out.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Re: HD FXRG 3 Boots
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 05:42:36 PM »

Not to be outdone, Judi got her a pair of "nightime" boots...all she needs now is a Bustier and a whip... :o ??? ;) :-X :drink:

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »

We got so much good chit on "sale" they even rewarded us with a promo gift...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:47:13 PM by Midnight Rider »

TTS Mastertune

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »

I have had those FXRG 3 boots for just over two years, paid 160 with wife's discounts.  I felt like it was a good deal if they lived up to the claims, but was still a lot for boots.

About a month after I got them I rode 540 miles in the rain.  100 miles was a severe down poor, traffic was at 35 to 40 on the interstate.  And a good stead rain most the rest of the time.  My feet were still nice and dry. 

I have not once thought about how much the boots cost, it was so nice for my feet to still be dry.  They are still in great shape, still keep my feet dry, and warm in the winter.  I bet I have at least two more years left in them.

You got a great buy!
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »

That's good to hear, Dave...I have two three requirements for riding boots: They have to be comfortable, both on and off the bike; they MUST be waterproof (not water "resistant"); and they must offer excellent protection by supporting/protecting my ankles.  These seem to meet those requirements.

TTS Mastertune

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »

and still another positive comment: they proved to be comfortable in 20°F in the Alps as well as in 90°F in Greece ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »

Hey Terry - did they have more then one pair? 8.5 or 9. If so would you mind?

BTW, I have the version 2 and they are everything they say. I did a lot of heavy rain last year going to MV - warm and dry when I got there.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »

Hey Terry - did they have more then one pair? 8.5 or 9. If so would you mind?

BTW, I have the version 2 and they are everything they say. I did a lot of heavy rain last year going to MV - warm and dry when I got there.

Sorry Duane...just gave 'em a call.  I got the last pair of 8.5.

If somebody needs an 11, 11.5, or 12, they've got those three two pair left.  I would be happy to pick them up for you and ship to your location for whatever it costs me to do so.  Tax is 7% here.  Better hurry though, the 11 sold since I posted this.

Hell, for that kind of money, I should buy them and put 'em on Ebay and double my money.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:36:42 PM by Midnight Rider »

TTS Mastertune

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:44:39 AM »

Oh well.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - "Louie"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTI - "Harry"
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 02:58:43 PM »

The bride and I stopped by the local HD dealer today(always a dangerous thing to do).  I was in there about a week ago and they had some stuff on sale, but today they were blowing out a bunch of clothes, helmets, boots, etc. 75% off some of the stuff.  I really like my Cruiserworks Defender boots, as they are both comfortable and completely waterproof...but, they are somewhat of a PITA to get on and off because of all the lacing.  I wasn't really looking for a new pair of boots, BUT spied a pair of FXRG 3 boots in my size.  Sometimes it pays to have small feets (8.5).  Tried them on and fell in love.  VERY comfortable, Gore Tex lining, very nice footbed/insole, and nice, grippy and oil resistant outsole.  A nice moisture absorbing lining as well.  A side benefit is that they are about 1/2" thicker soled than the Cruiserworks, which helps me due to being vertically challenged, as I was considering taking the Cruiserworks to a cobbler and having them add 1/2" to the soles...more than that and they start looking like 70's disco boots.  The great thing about these is that once you get them laced up to your liking, they have a waterproof YKK zipper down the inside of the boot, so they slip on and off in a matter of seconds, and the zipper tab is concealed/locked in with a velcroed tab.  Nice boot...looks like some of the tactical boots I've seen others talk about here on the site.  Cut very much like a hiking boot, but lighter. 

MSRP is $240, and I got them for $60, brand new in the box.  :apple:  I don't know if any other dealers are having big sales on last years stuff, but if so, check these boots out.

Just got a pair a couple weeks ago from my dealer who was having a 40% off footwear sale--they are awesome!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 04:09:44 PM »

Just got a pair a couple weeks ago from my dealer who was having a 40% off footwear sale--they are awesome!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

Probably the best overall boot I've worn to ride in.  I love my Cruiserworks for comfort and being waterproof, but they are harder to get on/off due to the lace up.  These FXRG's are the best of both worlds.

TTS Mastertune

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Concur--truth is I still have to untie each boot (but not unlace...) just to loosen enough with zipper down to remove/slip on easier...
- 2012 Black/Slate CVO Street Glide:  Rinehart True Duals; HD Supertuner; LED Headlight/Passing Lamps/Turn Signals; Zumo 665 GPS + XM; 8.5" Klock Werks Shield; Corbin Hollywood Solo; Detachable King TourPak; Heated Grips; etc.

- 2006 Vivid Black Heritage Softail:  SE Exhaust; HD Supertuner; Heavy Breather; Passing Lamps; Corbin Solo; Detachable Ghost Shield/Boss Leather Trunk + Saddle Bags; Lindby Twinbar; etc.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

Love mine and wish I had another pair 13's

BigLew

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »

Sorry Duane...just gave 'em a call.  I got the last pair of 8.5.

If somebody needs an 11, 11.5, or 12, they've got those three two pair left.  I would be happy to pick them up for you and ship to your location for whatever it costs me to do so.  Tax is 7% here.  Better hurry though, the 11 sold since I posted this.

Hell, for that kind of money, I should buy them and put 'em on Ebay and double my money.

Wishing for a 15
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

MooseAmos

• Full CVO Member
  • "Damn Few..."

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »

Wishing for a 15

Now you're just showing off...   :o

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 24 queries.