Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Reverse Options  (Read 6147 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Re: Reverse Options
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2019, 09:12:11 PM »

Reverse is reinstalled and shocks are mounted. I'll be taking it out for a test ride tomorrow and will let everyone know what I think.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:33:14 PM by WildmanUltra »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

I just pulled the bike out of the garage and so far I am happy with the shocks and reverse. I know just pulling it out of the garage isn't really a test but here is what I can tell you.

The first reverse I had wouldn't go into reverse every time I engaged it unless I rocked the bike or popped the clutch a little. This new reverse now goes into reverse 90% of the time without me having to do anything. The few times it did hang it was easy to get it to click into reverse. Noah had told me that part of this with the old revers was because of it not being assembled properly. So the new reverse is a WIN WIN for me.

Now onto the shocks, until I get it out on the road I can't say how good or bad they really are but here is what I noticed right away. Because these are 12" shocks instead of 13" shocks the back of the bike is of course sitting lower. What does that mean for me? Well getting on and off the bike is easier and with my leg that is a HUGE PLUS. The only downside to it that I can see up to know is that I had a heck of a time getting the bike of my lift. I have a Harbor Freight lift and it was fun pulling out from under the bike.

I don't know if you can tell in the pictures how lower it is now but other than the lift issue I like it being lower. I'm going to get my riding gear on and go for a ride and see what I think of the rear shocks. I have to take the bike back to the HD dealer to have the clutch safety switch in the handlebars replaced next week so I'll get a chance to try the shocks out really well.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2019, 07:15:55 PM »

Just got back from a 50-60 mile scoot. The shocks seem to be okay but I want to get some more seat time before I pass judgement. I like being that inch lower even when stopping. I didn't notice any adverse affects to having the shorter shocks and Suspension Technologies claimed that there wouldn't be any.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2019, 11:29:35 PM »

Just got back from a 50-60 mile scoot. The shocks seem to be okay but I want to get some more seat time before I pass judgement. I like being that inch lower even when stopping. I didn't notice any adverse affects to having the shorter shocks and Suspension Technologies claimed that there wouldn't be any.

After more regular use the reverse still working well for you?  Proving to be as beneficial as you'd hoped?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:01:57 AM by Twolanerider »

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 12:34:53 AM »

After more regular worse the reverse still working well for you?  Proving to be as beneficial as you'd hoped?

The first reverse had been assembled improperly so it stopped working. I got the new one on Wednesday and was sick Thursday so got it installed Friday. So today was my first chance to try it out again. As far as the reverse being beneficial? Heck yes it is awesome. I would have to be turning my bike around in my garage with my left if I didn't have it. Now I just throw it into reverse and back out of the garage and up my gravel driveway. There's no way I could have done that with leg power. Getting use to how it handles will take a while but IMHO for people with a disability or mobility issues this is worth it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2019, 01:04:39 AM »

That's good to read.  Congrats on finding some tech to make the bike more functional for you.  Also good to read the company was a good one to work with.  Too often anymore that's not the case.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2019, 01:24:37 AM »

Yes I am very impressed with Suspension Technologies and their customer service. It was an expensive option but we all know people who will spend $3K on their stereo so it was worth it for me. And the fact that I can move it from bike to bike makes it that much better.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »

As for the reverse pulley, I have had mine for about a year now, use it every time I back out of the garage. After a couple of uses it broke in and works flawlessly every time. I’m only height challenged having little leverage while backing up but I can say it’s the best money I’ve spent on the bike.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2019, 02:58:38 AM »

As for the reverse pulley, I have had mine for about a year now, use it every time I back out of the garage. After a couple of uses it broke in and works flawlessly every time. I’m only height challenged having little leverage while backing up but I can say it’s the best money I’ve spent on the bike.

I'm hoping I'll now not have anymore issues with the reverse and will have years of trouble free use from it.

One thing I did different this time was I used a Banjo push fitting instead of the normal air fitting. It is a little thinner so makes clearance around the exhaust a little easier.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2019, 07:12:34 PM »

I'm interested in a ride report on the new shocks, let us know!

Good luck with the replacement reversing sprocket.

A report on how I like the shocks https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=119631.0.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 09:06:14 AM »

I followed this thread and "think" I've read the whole thing, but I may have missed something so I'll ask it now.

First off this reversing sprocket concept by this company has been out for several years now.  I've sent them three different e-mails enquiring about this sprocket reverse and never once got a reply.  I just wanted a bit more information than what was available back then.  Water under the bridge at this point.

My question is this, do you think this reverse gear option would work on an '09 with the 30t rear swing arm modifications?  Basically a 1/4" wide and around 3/8" outward from the shock mount around the bottom forward to the front of the slot.  Then the slot is lengthened about .200" to allow for the extra take up need to retain the original 141t belt.  I also had to grind off just a bit of the shock mounting lug to allow for the tensioner cams to rotate back far enough without bottoming out on the shock mount.

I see quite a bit of "stuff" sticking out the side of the swing arm and as I get older having a reverse option may be in my future.  Especially if it can be swapped out for the original sprocket upon selling the bike.

So anyone have the 30t option and followed this thread, opinions?

Thanks and I'm glad the company has taken care of you with revisions on the unit.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »

Try contacting Noah Jacob @ info@suspensiontechnologies.com

He will normally respond in a few days if not in 24 hours. Also you can try calling them and ask for Noah, he is the head tech guy for the reverse pully.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »

Thanks and very much good luck with your new unit.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 11:49:21 AM »

Thanks and very much good luck with your new unit.

I'll report back if I have any issues with it but so far every time I use it now it is working fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.